PDA

View Full Version : Enclosure help.

kandicrouse
04-29-15, 09:42 AM
I have no clue where else to turn. I need an enclosure idea that i can stack on top of each other. I have 3 bps and they thrive because in their glass aquarium however i dont have room to have 3 glass aquariums sitting around my room anymore. Im sure we can build something but them comes the heating it. im completely lost.:suspicious:

millertime89
04-29-15, 05:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/l9FS3jp.jpg

Look around for a snake rack that fits your needs. I would start with something from Reptile Basics. They have stackable cages too.

lady_bug87
04-29-15, 06:42 PM
PVC enclosures are another stackable option if you like display

reptiledude987
04-29-15, 06:46 PM
I have a 4 in one for my BPs ill post a pic and details when I get home from work. It works very well for me.

DeesBalls
04-29-15, 07:10 PM
well, you can go two options...

1. Buy cages,
2. Build

if you buy they will be professionally done and probably look nicer (although a few people on heres ive seen looks pro done) and theyu will be made to stack without any issues... but they tend to be pricey

if you build and if you are decent with tools (electric drill, a few others) you can build your self stackable cages.

basically price is the deciding factor i suppose, if you have money for nice build pro cages look into some type of animal plastic, or a company like those, if money is tight, try to build on, materials ran me around $60 .

hope this was some type of help

you could always do rack system, but sounds like you want more display type.

reptiledude987
04-29-15, 10:50 PM
So this is my 4 in 1. I know its not a great picture but I think you will get the general idea. This works great for my BPs as it dosent have screen tops so keeps humidity great. Each section is 2'×2' giving 4 square feet of floor space. There are vents you can see on the back yo can see for ventilation. For the heat I ran a heat cable thru a groove I put in with a router so its inset into the wood. I used the silver heat tape to keep it in place and help spread the heat evenly on the warm side. Theres a thermostat probe in one unit as theres never more than a degree or two of temp difference from one unit to the next. For lighting I have led pot lights mounted in the top of each unit. Ipicked it up used online for $60 it had no light or heat so not sure what was kept in it before nut with all my upgrades for heat light and the unit itself it cost me around $250.

kandicrouse
04-30-15, 08:13 AM
I think we are going to build something. Not sure how yet we are just iffy about heating. Someone said heat tape but how?

kandicrouse
04-30-15, 08:52 AM
i love that one reptiledude we wouldnt be worried about the lights just heating and enclosures. we tried the rack system using the heat cable and the degree varies too much its aggravating. mainly did the rack bc of the hognoses i got about a month ago but ive decided i just dont like it anymore.

reptiledude987
04-30-15, 09:00 AM
See this setup works for me with 1 heat cable (60') and 1 t-stat because each unit is for a BP so same temps needed across the board. If you were putting different type in each unit you would want a seperate heat cable and t-stat for each to regulate for the needs of each individual species. Which could be done just not how I'm using it at the moment.

Albert Clark
04-30-15, 09:14 AM
Nice setup reptiledude987! Smart upgrades too.

reptiledude987
04-30-15, 09:32 AM
Thanks Albert. I'm baffeled what was kept in there with no heat and no light before I got it. Even if it were for cresties or something like that with low heat needs I got it from someone in a big drafty farm house outside town and it couldnt have been more than 65 degrees in the house. So I'm stumped there but I feel its up to par now.