PDA

View Full Version : rack systems???

brainbowboa
02-10-15, 03:36 PM
So I was considering breeding my boa constrictors this year. I don't really know the first thing about rack systems though, and I'm sure I'll need one if I'm going to have beautiful babies. Any recommendations? How many tubs would be a safe number as well. What size tubs would I need? Any info or advice would be very helpful!!

Boots
02-10-15, 04:21 PM
Welcome to our community. I guess it all depend on if you are planning on building or buying a rack. As the number of tubs depends on the size of the rack and how many can fit.

millertime89
02-10-15, 04:39 PM
Welcome! For Boas Constrictors (BCC, BCI etc.) I like 41qt racks. Once they're too big for those you'll need to move then to cages. If all of your boas are smaller localities (sorry, I'm not familiar with which ones are which size) you can get a rack that fits both 15 and 32 quart tubs so that when they're too large for the 32s they can move to cages as well. IMO animal plastics is the way to go for both racks and cages. Check the quick ship items on their webpage for 15/32 racks on sale for a darn good price.
Animal Plastics (http://www.apcages.com/home/)

brainbowboa
02-10-15, 07:16 PM
I have a couple of bcc's. So I should probably go with 41 qt? How long would I have before they outgrew those tubs?

brainbowboa
02-10-15, 07:20 PM
I know boas can sometimes have a rather large clutch and that's why I was wondering about the number of tubs for bare minimum so I can have more than that lol.

millertime89
02-11-15, 11:50 AM
You really only need the 41s for animals that you plan on holding back. The babies can be kept in 15s if you're planning selling them after they have eaten and shed.