PDA

View Full Version : Western Hog Not Eating This Week

Derek1
12-17-14, 06:20 PM
Sunday I moved her to a new enclosure. It's a mixture of Eco, Organic Soil, Play Sand and Walnut Shells. Mostly organic soil so the borrows hold well. I put a pinkey in her feed dish and she crawled right by it. So I left it overnight. Nothing. Tried again yesterday. Same result. I moved my Cal King and Garter to similar setups and they ate same or next day in the enclosure.

She seems happy. Borrowing and crawling around as normal. My temps are good about 90 on the hot side. Humidity is a tad high as the soil hasn't completely dried out. It's around 50ish coming down a little every day. Do you think it due to the humidity?

This is her new setup.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv223/Derekmeredith/BF1550FF-CA68-4E4A-A7AB-C64F2D6C18B5_zpsqfdomofq.jpg

Minkness
12-17-14, 06:39 PM
Love her enclosure! Wish I could help you, but I have no idea x.x

wrecker45
12-17-14, 07:18 PM
I female hoggie stopped eating a month ago.

Derek1
12-17-14, 07:30 PM
I female hoggie stopped eating a month ago.

I know they can go long periods of not feeding, but what is your avg time and how often do you offer? I mostly just leave her alone and put the feed in dish and she will come get it. Sometimes it takes an hour or more, but once she smells it, she on it.

EL Ziggy
12-17-14, 08:17 PM
I don't keep hoggies but as long as she's not losing significant weight or showing other signs of illness I'd say one missed feed is no big deal. Sounds like your temps/humidity are both good so no worries there. A lot of snakes go off feed this time of year. One of my kings has only eaten twice in almost 3 months but surprisingly he hasn't lost a gram. I don't know how old your snake is but keep offering food every 7-10 days and she'll get back on track. If she's really young I'd offer food every 5-7 days. Best wishes and keep us posted.

Cmwells90
12-17-14, 08:36 PM
My hoggie is currently off feed as well, usually due to the colder months we've had, just keep offering and she'll eat, My hoggie just went 1 1/2 months, took 2 feedings and is now back at 3 weeks no food. I offer every 3-5 days until he's refused for 3+ weeks, then I offer every week. As long as they maintain weight you wont need to worry.