PDA

View Full Version : Hypomelanistic corn

crimsonking
02-15-03, 08:42 PM
She HATES her picture taken!

snakemann87
02-15-03, 08:52 PM
lol, camera shy eh? my ball python is too:) Shes beautiful, how old?

crimsonking
02-15-03, 09:20 PM
I guess 4 yrs. (without looking at records) Not a speck of black. Only a few "bronze" ones here and there. Actually lighter than in this photo.

DragnDrop
02-15-03, 11:21 PM
Wow, I really LIKE that one!!!!!
I'll certainly put hypo on my list of possible 'next' corn.
There are so many corn colours, I'm having a heck of a time picking the next one. I've got until the fall to decide, but it will still be a hard choice. :o

Simon
02-16-03, 02:54 AM
Wow!!!!
I have not seens a hypo as nice as this one!!!

Man...your hypo just blew mine away......my poor hypos.....

crimsonking
02-16-03, 07:12 AM
Thanks, Simon. In person she is lighter and a little less orange. If you didn't see the dark eyes--you'd say she was amel. A friend selectively bred for this and I have the only one left. I'll post pics of her with my wild caught hypo later.
:Mark

BoidKeeper
02-16-03, 08:57 AM
Very nice! Too many morphs and phases and locals I can't keep up it makes my head hurst. My new fav is the Okeetee creamsicle.
Cheers,
Trevor

vanderkm
02-16-03, 10:49 AM
Wow! very light - and golden. Do you think there are any other recessives that are contributing to the coloration in her - seems I have heard that hets for butter tend toward intensified yellows even in the normals, of course it could just be that the black is so reduced in her with the selective breeding away from it - she sure is lovely,

mary v.

crimsonking
02-16-03, 12:08 PM
No others known here. I (we) started w/ w.c. animals that showed reduced amounts of black and ended up with this. Her babies from a breeding of her with the wild caught male below will be as hypo as I think I can get. Same with my Miamis--- no candy cane,snow,etc.blah, blah ,blah! Only from lines of w.c. Thanks.
:Mark

Kathy
02-16-03, 01:16 PM
very nice, im jealous!

Simon
02-16-03, 04:32 PM
I am not only jealous....I want to come to your house and start robbing now.......

you have a superb great looking collection there!!!

crimsonking
02-16-03, 06:37 PM
It's funny,Simon. I never intended to have a lot of corns at all. I'd get one here --one there...... You know.. Now wish I'd been putting more time into them. Apparently they'll always be popular with each "morph" having its followers. A lot can be learned. I try to have animals that represent "actual" wild populations as well as the "designer" ones.Thanks.

Andy_G
02-16-03, 09:03 PM
Hey Crimsonking, that is an awesome normal, Darren Boyd has sells them as "volcano" corns. Both parents w.c. with an amazing amount of red. Nice snake!:mednormal

tai_pan1
02-16-03, 09:09 PM
Crimsonking always posts pictures of awesome corns! Even his wc are beautiful. Hey Simon, if you need a look out, count me in!

Simon
02-16-03, 10:33 PM
Mark,

Yes I totally know what you mean by getting one here and there...but you really know how to pick snakes.....cause all of them looks superb and great~ or else I wouldn't have to start planning on coming to your place and start robbing you..

tai pan....
I guess that you should start working together and start robbing him....
I'll do the actual stealing and you either hold Mark down or watch if he is coming or not....lol

josefg
02-17-03, 06:12 AM
:jawdrop: Wow Mark!

You must have the nicest snakes in the world. That one almost looks like a butter!

Lizzy001
02-17-03, 11:37 AM
wow...thats a beautiful snake!

Tim_Cranwill
02-18-03, 12:30 AM
Tai Pan1 and Simon, you'd better watch out, Mark knows Hulk Hogan... ;)

It's true!

Nice hypo Mark. I really like them. :)

Lisa
02-20-03, 01:16 PM
Great looking hypo, and I think corns are underated, they're only 1/4 of our collection right now with plans on getting more...