PDA

View Full Version : Suitable tankmates

HeatherRose
02-14-03, 10:26 PM
Hey guys.....for his b-day, we got my dad a really neat aquarium, it's a hollowed out purple imac computer with a 2.5 gal tank inside....it's not heated, but is aerated and filtered.

So far, inside is one male betta. Are there any other fish that can go in the tank?

Heather

corr
02-15-03, 07:26 AM
I wouldn't put anything else in with the Betta just because the tank is too small. If you're not too attatched to it, I'd trade it in for 5 or 6 White Clouds. They're active, pretty, and don't need a heater. HTH :)

girraffasaurus
02-15-03, 09:54 AM
You could put in a snail, an African Dwarf Frog, and I've heard that you could do a couple neaon tetras, but it might be too small for that. 2,5 is definitely not too small to put in a frog or snail, though. The frogs barely produce any waste at all!

HeatherRose
02-15-03, 11:39 AM
lol I know those stupid frogs are so boring! :P I had one before.....a nail's a good idea I think....

Heather

Shane Tesser
02-16-03, 07:00 AM
If you get a snail...make sure its not the kind that breed like mad...or else..you will end up with nothing but a tank of snails. As one person stated...neons..no way..those are tropical fish with specialized requirements that need a heater. Corr has the perfect idea for tank mates, white clouds would be fantastic..cheap, and hardy :D

HeatherRose
02-16-03, 08:32 AM
Thanks guys...I was thinking of a couple of white clouds earlier...

Heather

corr
02-16-03, 08:48 AM
I didn't reccomend snails because, for the most part, they either get too big or multiply like mad that they become unsighlty. MTS would work IMO but they aren't really a pet... they only come out at night.