PDA

View Full Version : glass fogging?

Grant vg
05-09-02, 01:37 PM
Anyone have problems with fogging of the glass in there enclosures with snakes that require high humidity...??

Tom P
05-09-02, 01:46 PM
Yes I have that problem too. It is rather annoying, as my setup is for display, as opposed to breeding. I think what I have to do is make bigger vents, but then that would not maintain the humidity, ( i think ).

Any suggestions??

snakekeeper
05-09-02, 02:07 PM
hi, what I did was put a hair towel over some of the vents. Its a breathable materal, so the snake can get air. As long as you dont cover all the vents it might work...:)

Linds
05-09-02, 06:54 PM
I don't think there is any way of avoiding it. With high humidity comes condensation. All the moisture in the air is going to make whatever it touches wet, hence foggy glass. Kinda sucks if you want to see the animal in the cage :hammer:

North
05-10-02, 03:06 PM
I had this problem as well in my green tree python tank, I moved the ceramic heat element closer to the glass, the glass is quite warm to the touch but not hot and doesnt fog up except the opposite bottom corner......

Grant vg
05-11-02, 12:22 AM
Well, actually ...hehe....it seems as though the fooging goes away after a couple of hours of putting in the water bowl....so Yipppee!! no probles afterall, and i guess my ventilation set up is perfect, cause i got a 60% humidity 24/7...hehe:cool: