PDA

View Full Version : "Igor" ate! :)

Sharlynn93
04-06-14, 03:56 AM
tried the other new baby on a pink tonight, just to see if he would eat...he has been in hiding since he arrived (not surprised), but since others were eating tonight, decided to try him out on a pink...he downed it so quickly, i missed an action shot...just got the lump shot...LOL...not sure about the name, (it just really sticks in my head), but hubby will probably say "this one is your baby, you pick"...LOL..such a tiny baby! my other corns were a bit bigger than this one (not much, but still bigger)...this is my tiniest baby yet... :D

virtuousvixen
04-06-14, 04:15 AM
Awwww great pic :) I miss having babies. yours is very similar to my very first corn. x

Sharlynn93
04-06-14, 04:35 AM
I love my corns...my other 2 are such characters..couldn't resist picking up this little man :)

Tsubaki
04-06-14, 06:21 AM
aw cute :D

sharthun
04-06-14, 07:07 AM
Way to go Igor!! Love the name!

Sharlynn93
04-06-14, 09:00 AM
Thanks! I was looking for a name that was "different"...we had watched "fly away home" a few weeks ago and the name of the one goose was Igor...it stuck in my head...I like it :)

Kera
04-06-14, 12:05 PM
I love baby corns. :) Adorable!

EL Ziggy
04-06-14, 03:24 PM
Congrats on the first feed Shar!

Teal
04-07-14, 02:28 AM
Adorable! Looks just like my son's baby (: Congratulations on the first feeding! Always a good feeling when they eat with vigor right from the start.

Sharlynn93
04-07-14, 06:21 AM
Thanks everyone! I had a baby corn (looked almost like him) years ago from petco...never got it to eat...lost her after 3 weeks...turns out they never made sure they were feeding before putting them out for sale...they actually refunded my money after I turned down a replacement from them...I guess thats why I usually go for slightly older animals. Scared of it happening to me again...

Mikoh4792
04-07-14, 06:49 AM
Thanks everyone! I had a baby corn (looked almost like him) years ago from petco...never got it to eat...lost her after 3 weeks...turns out they never made sure they were feeding before putting them out for sale...they actually refunded my money after I turned down a replacement from them...I guess thats why I usually go for slightly older animals. Scared of it happening to me again...

Sorry to hear, but you should have no problems with baby snakes when you buy from reputable breeders.

Most problems come from chain pet stores and breeders that don't know what they're doing. About a year ago I got a bci from a random seller online and it came emaciated, died about a week later from chronic regurgitation.

Sharlynn93
04-07-14, 07:30 AM
So far this little guy is doing great :) ate once, seems to regulate himself temp wise...etc...starting to get more adventurous and being out and about more...watched him take a big drink within a minute of putting him in his enclosure...very pleased with all of the new critters...only 1 that didn't eat was one of the slings..that may be because of impending molt, etc...