PDA

View Full Version : baby not eating

potter545
03-19-14, 06:00 AM
OK. It's a little annoying that he won't eat for me. he ate 3 times, and last two times he rejected. I left it in their, I put I'm in a tiny place with the mouse Where he got supremely pissed off. I'll try scenting tomorrow, But....I'm just wondering if this trend keeps up, how often should I attempt feeding. It's been about 2 weeks. If it was my corn I wouldn't Care, But he is only a few months old

Kimmie
03-23-14, 11:19 AM
scent a pinkie with tuna leave him in a cricket box over night, or dip the pinkie in boiled water for 15secs and leave with him in the box mine ate tuna scented first and then heated but in a place where he cant hear or see you.

xSerpentGoddess
03-29-14, 12:51 AM
what kind of snake is it?

SSSSnakes
03-29-14, 06:45 AM
what kind of snake is it?
It is listed under Heterodon. I would assume a Hog Nose Snake

xSerpentGoddess
03-31-14, 06:07 PM
Depending on the type of hog, I've heard frogs get them going pretty well. I have only worked with one hog and it ate rodents just fine. I've had many people tell me frogs though.

xSerpentGoddess
03-31-14, 06:12 PM
And I wouldnt attempt more than weekly. A few weeks shouldn't hurt him just yet. If your physically picking him up and putting him in a container, you may want to just try feeding in tank until you get him going. Some snakes are stressed by being picked up and are finicky if you move them first. Especially if he's new to you. If your handling him at all, I would stop until he eats a couple times. All these things make a difference in almost all baby snakes. :)