PDA

View Full Version : Climbing

coil222
02-01-14, 11:35 PM
I have 2 hogs both under a year old (different clutches); 1 is very mild mannered; tolerates being handled and has never shown a threat display - he spends alot of time exploring his cage and climbs the walls of the tank trying to get out, today he managed to suspend himself from the top of the tank for a short while before falling into the substrate... is this a sign that he is stressed out/unhappy?

(he is NOT in the same enclosure as the other hog who is a complete 180 temperment wise, spends all day hiding and hisses and pees/poops when handled.)

dumerili
02-02-14, 01:12 AM
In my experience I've had some snakes that explore and try to get out of there cage. Ive also had some that I've never seen try and push on the screen. regardless they never went off feed for very long. So maybe its just depends on the snakes personality

coil222
02-03-14, 08:03 PM
He did it again today! Ive got a couple of great pics if i can ever post them.

Mikoh4792
02-03-14, 08:05 PM
Just need to paste the image url in between this code without spaces

[ i m g ] code goes here [ / i m g ]

coil222
02-03-14, 09:00 PM
I'm familiar w/ the code for it, but the forum says it doesnt like the URL im using, I'm guessing its b/c im new/low post count.

coil222
02-03-14, 09:13 PM
Edit; well now it works, I got an error the other day when I tried.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/coil222/Snakes/IMG_2355.jpg

dumerili
02-03-14, 09:53 PM
Wow haha look at that little guy. I believe he just likes exploring. It just seems like some like to move about and explore while others will not. but the snake that hides all day probably does that bc its scared to come out bc its obviously not very used to being handled.

Tsubaki
02-04-14, 04:30 AM
He's a better climber than any of my hogs ever were! Very clumsy and they would drop like a brick! Nice picture :D

TheFrogman
02-04-14, 06:54 AM
Ha Ha, you go boy ! My Corn and my Brooks King Snake does the same, very very active.

occasionally my Rosy Boa will tap the screen with her nose

poison123
02-06-14, 11:34 AM
Doesnt look like you're providing much substrate. I would double (maybe triple)the ammount and see if he keeps doing it.

pdomensis
02-06-14, 12:32 PM
If you look at his face it's obvious he's just having a good time. JK. Great looking snake though with cool personality.

philbyi-guy
03-02-14, 04:44 PM
cute little guy. I really hope that isn't a heat rock in there.. and just a heads up, that thermometer/hygrometer you have isn't going to be accurate at all.

poison123
03-02-14, 04:49 PM
cute little guy. I really hope that isn't a heat rock in there.. and just a heads up, that thermometer/hygrometer you have isn't going to be accurate at all.

Its a hide not a heat rock.