PDA

View Full Version : Beardies and sheeding skin?

Nicky
05-08-02, 05:24 AM
Ok Now this I'm dying to know yo know when beardies shed,is it like snakes for excample my cornsnake? Will he shed in one long peice or patchess?

How high does a beardies humidy have to be? When there grown do they have to have partners? I read they like company ( I question everything I read?)

Do they shed naturally or do they need help? What happens if it's not all gone? So you mean if my snake had coccadila(however you spell it) Does that mean my beardie(If I ever get on could contract it?

one last thing.. What is everyone mean when there talking about keeping your herp isolated for acouple of weeks? and what are you susposed to do during that time?:atom: :weeble: :hour: :2yellow: :hammer: :flick:

Jaylyn
05-31-02, 04:32 PM
They shed in patches - but usually quite quickly. I have chameleons, so I'm always misting - all my beardies love it!

When they are basking - I give them 3-4 gentle sprays of warm water twice a day. Their basking spot is so warm it dries up quickly. You can also bathe them (but only one at a time so they don't climb on eachother) in a shallow bowl.

If they seem to have trouble shedding - just mist more often.

I don't know for sure about transmission of specific diseases - but I wouldn't allow them or their furniture have contact and wash your hands between handling each of them.

It's always a good idea to quaratine your animals before introducing like species to prevent the spread of disease (this simply means keeping them in a seperate cage and practicing good hygiene). It gives you a chance to observe the new animals for any signs of disease and have feacal samples done before introducing them.

Hope that helps somewhat???

Jaylyn