PDA

View Full Version : Worried

snakemann87
02-07-03, 10:59 AM
Hey everyone, last night I fed my burm, after he ate it, his stomach made a gurgling/squeaking noise, what could that be?

asphyxia
02-07-03, 11:04 AM
Sounds like Gas to me

Brian

Phantom
02-07-03, 11:06 AM
Yup, probably gas .... that or the prey was still alive in the stomach :eek:

Phantom

Dom
02-07-03, 01:11 PM
lol burbing actually is a compliment to many .. it means it was a good meal! lol

snakemann87
02-07-03, 03:06 PM
Ok, good, because I was recently joined with RTB.net, and I asked them, and they slowly, wait, rapidly got on the fact that I shouldnt own a burm. Thanks for the reassurance. Oh, and I feed F/T so it couldn't be alive, LOL.

J_Riley
02-07-03, 03:48 PM
Yeah, that's one of their pet peeves over there. There is some truth to the fact that Burmese pythons aren't for everyone, and they certainly are not a good first snake. They just foam at the mouth over there when someone buys a baby burm. Mostly because when they get over 9 ft, people start getting rid of them, and a couple people over there are inundated with rescue burms that people don't want anymore b/c they got too big. IMO if you didn't know they got that big or weren't prepared to house and feed a potential 18' 200lb snake, then you had no business buying it in the first place. They're just a little over zealous about it over there, which is one of the reasons I left...

snakemann87
02-07-03, 05:14 PM
Yeah me too. But I have thought about it for a long time, and decided I'm ready, I even got a job and work sat. and sun. every weekend to pay for feeding, I'm 15. And I am making a bigger cage also, I have a 4x2x2 for now

BWSmith
02-07-03, 09:10 PM
Yes, alot of RTBers and herpers in general (including myself) do have strong beliefs about some subjects. I am currently watching a 4 month respitory in a rescued 12 footer and saw a 16 year old offer $300 for an Eastern Diamondback. Given what people in the herp community see and have to deal with, sometimes I think it is hard to just accept peoples choices knowing the probabilities of a certain result. Snakemann knows how I feel, but this is not the arena for such discussions, I do have a point :eek:

Although it may be nothing, I would never rule out a respitory. You have already gotten advice on ways to check for it and I would try it to be on the safe side.

bbkaren
02-08-03, 08:09 AM
What is rtb.com?

(And incidentally, my burm makes squeaking/whistling noises when he breathes almost all the time--and I was told they're just heavy breathers (?). Should I worry? No signs of any other RI symptoms.)

snakemann87
02-08-03, 04:29 PM
I don't think that is normal bbkaren, I'd get him checked out by a professional.

The_Omen
02-09-03, 12:27 AM
They're just a little over zealous about it over there, which is one of the reasons I left...

Same as on any site J. Flames aren't welcome about people or other sites.
Move on and forget the greeds of life and their holds on your soul.

snake_lover
02-09-03, 03:18 PM
RTB.net not com Redtailboa.net is now reptilehaven.net!
I don't find it a problem for a 15 year old to keep a burm ! I'm 15 myself and I KNOW I can take care of one ...the only problem is I can't find a burm here on the island !...
ohyes...RTB.net with their opinions ALWAYS taking 1 step to far .. but I still love the site .
If you have experience keaping BIG snakes (adult female BCI or BCCs for example) I don't even see why a kid of 12 shouldn't keep a Big snake of that size. with adult supervision.

snakemann87
02-09-03, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I agree, they do go 1 step further, but the site it self ROCKS!

BWSmith
02-10-03, 09:16 AM
I was kindof avoiding placing an actual URL :D There are many sites that a majority of herp (internet people) recognize by a few letters. KS and RTB are just a few. Still have not found a well knows shortcut to typing ssnakess. ;)

snakemann87
02-10-03, 09:22 AM
maybe sSs.com?

sSNAKESs.com
02-11-03, 02:48 PM
ok guys, please do not trash other sites in the forums, I expect the other sites to do the same if we were every mentioned. I appreciate the kind words for our site, just try not to trash others.

J_Riley
02-11-03, 03:09 PM
My apologies...

Pythonian
02-11-03, 03:20 PM
"S to the S to the n to the a to the k to the e to the s to the S" ... thats the SsnakesS abreviation ;)

mike

snakemann87
02-11-03, 04:48 PM
lol, alittle extensive dont ya think?

Pythonian
02-12-03, 08:55 AM
hey SsS was just not gonna cut it!!! .. i'm just throwing in ideas ;) LOL

mike

snakemann87
02-12-03, 02:41 PM
lol ya i guess so

Burm_Crazy
02-24-03, 09:38 PM
The sound you are most likley hearing is the previous meal completing the digestion process. How often are you feeding this burm. It is not recommended to "Power Feed" any snake. All this does is give you a big immature snake.

BurmBaroness
02-24-03, 11:05 PM
He fed the burm an adult mouse, then 3 days later, fed it another one. I think he knows now that mice are too small, and I HOPE he got the message about powerfeeding, as it is not healthy for a snake. The snakes natural gut flora never has time to replenish itself, ans the metabolism gets increased, and NEVER decreases.