PDA

View Full Version : October Photo Contest

Aaron_S
10-01-13, 08:33 AM
Congratulations to Chris72 for winning the September contest!

This is the new topic!

Contest: you and your animal dressed for Halloween.

The guidelines: give your favorite Halloween costume a test drive and take a picture with your animal.

Ideas:
>Pirate with a red tailed boa on the shoulder instead of a parrot.
>Business man zombie with a Carpet python in place of a neck tie.
>Have a guitar & a white snake? (This one writes itself)

The rules are as follows:

1) Each participant is allowed only one entry. Photos submitted by anyone must be taken by you and not be a picture from the internet.

2) Pictures must be related to Herps only and must be within the theme set by last month's winner in order to be eligible.

3) The winner may choose the theme for the next contest, but may not participate in it.

4) It is understood that the winner gives his or her permission for their winning entry to be posted on the portal page, and/or otherwise used by ssnakess.com with credit being given to the photographer.

5) No photoshopping. Minor edits are OK, but the photo must be as close to the original as possible.

The winner will be chosen by a poll conducted on the forum.

You have 20 days to submit a photo. The deadline to submit is October 20th, at midnight eastern standard US time. After that we will vote.

alessia55
10-01-13, 03:16 PM
The human has to be in the photo? or can it be our reptile in halloween theme but without the human?

Tyguy35
10-01-13, 04:33 PM
I'm wondering the same. I don't really do Halloween so no costumes, but I can make one for my animals.

swolek
10-01-13, 05:15 PM
I'm wondering the same. I don't really do Halloween so no costumes, but I can make one for my animals.

Yeah, same here :).

Aaron_S
10-01-13, 05:26 PM
Have to ask Chris. It's his topic! As it stands I'm going with the animal and YOU in costume. It could be someone else in costume. A cousin, sister, wife, boyfriend, child etc.

It's something we haven't done yet!

lady_bug87
10-01-13, 06:21 PM
French maid costume it is!

Aaron_S
10-01-13, 07:08 PM

This contest isn't for you...

Mikoh4792
10-01-13, 07:34 PM

Do a stewardess.

lady_bug87
10-01-13, 07:45 PM
Apparently this contest isn't for me....

drumcrush
10-01-13, 08:03 PM
Oh man, I'm gunna love this! Haha

Chris72
10-01-13, 08:08 PM
Have to ask Chris. It's his topic! As it stands I'm going with the animal and YOU in costume. It could be someone else in costume. A cousin, sister, wife, boyfriend, child etc.

It's something we haven't done yet!

The intent was as Aaron noted above.
Dress up the kids, sister, boyfriend,etc.
(Of course make the animal a focal point in the picture.)
(It is Halloween people)

If you really, really can't make that happen (really..?)
Then Halloween theme so nobody will be excluded.
(Will have to put effort in to compete with those who dress up)..

Chris72
10-01-13, 08:14 PM

Remember in Return of the Jedi...
Princess Laya wore a metal bikini..? (Add a snake)

Do that and I think you will get every male vote.

Come to think of it.... Do the ladies have have a unfair advantage in this months contest? :)

This could be interesting.

Be creative people..! :Wow:

Teal
10-01-13, 10:45 PM
I might just have to give this a shot!

Aaron_S
10-04-13, 10:17 AM
Bueller???

Chris72
10-04-13, 11:25 AM
I might just have to give this a shot!

SoooOOOoooOOOooo......

What costumes are up for consideration this halloween?

Everyone.. we can just start with ideas right?

Please share ideas to start then pics to come...

h3h
10-04-13, 11:35 AM
There was a September contest?!? Definitely missed that! If the October contest doesn't include yourself I will definitely be entering this one!

- h3

Aaron_S
10-04-13, 11:43 AM
There was a September contest?!? Definitely missed that! If the October contest doesn't include yourself I will definitely be entering this one!

- h3

As stated you can include someone else too! Children, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, mother, father...doesn't matter!

The costume doesn't have to be real good or anything.

Starbuck
10-04-13, 11:47 AM
You will be seeing something from me later today!!! ;-)

drumcrush
10-04-13, 11:50 AM
I have a great idea for this, I just hope my king can sit still haha

Starbuck
10-04-13, 11:52 AM
Here are some ideas I am not doing: medusa, Steve Erwin (getting but? ) a mouse human and their snake, a pair of pants and a snake (trouser snake. ..)

Chris72
10-04-13, 12:15 PM
Here are some ideas I am not doing: medusa, Steve Erwin (getting but? ) a mouse human and their snake, a pair of pants and a snake (trouser snake. ..)

Wow...

I thought I was out there with the Princess Laya metal bikini thing (Lori..?)

(maybe Not)

Starbuck
10-04-13, 12:18 PM
Heh heh I think you all forget, I'm still a college student ;-) just checling to make sure y'all are paying attention! If us ladies have to skip on a metal bikini I want to see some gents putting themselves or there too!

Chris72
10-04-13, 12:44 PM
Heh heh I think you all forget, I'm still a college student ;-) just checling to make sure y'all are paying attention! If us ladies have to skip on a metal bikini I want to see some gents putting themselves or there too!

LOL...

I can’t submit this month (not permitted) but if there is a metal bikini that person will get my vote for sure. Also, on request I’m sure I can dig up something of commensurate value up as "compensation". (Might be something from an I.M. race or something like that)

Aaron_S
10-04-13, 01:56 PM
LOL...

I can’t submit this month (not permitted) but if there is a metal bikini that person will get my vote for sure. Also, on request I’m sure I can dig up something of commensurate value up as "compensation". (Might be something from an I.M. race or something like that)

You can post a pic if you want to get the ball rolling. It just won't be included in the voting!

h3h
10-04-13, 02:51 PM
As stated you can include someone else too! Children, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, mother, father...doesn't matter!

The costume doesn't have to be real good or anything.

I'm not concerned about being in the picture, but I won't go out special to buy a costume to participate. The only person I know who is dressing up is my Nephew (3yrs) and his mother will not allow him to touch the snakes. I hope we get some good shots, this could be a real fun contest.

[edit] Any particular reason that these aren't being posted in the "sSnakeSs Contests" section? I think that's why I missed the September one?

- h3

Aaron_S
10-04-13, 03:17 PM
I'm not concerned about being in the picture, but I won't go out special to buy a costume to participate. The only person I know who is dressing up is my Nephew (3yrs) and his mother will not allow him to touch the snakes. I hope we get some good shots, this could be a real fun contest.

[edit] Any particular reason that these aren't being posted in the "sSnakeSs Contests" section? I think that's why I missed the September one?

- h3

For some reason I can't make threads in that section. Oh well.

Also, I never said anyone had to go out and buy a costume. Easy enough to make them up! If anyone puts on glasses, a hat and wears a goatee you can be Heisenberg.

OOORRR the very classic wear normal clothing and goes as a "serial killer" because they look just like everyone else.

lady_bug87
10-04-13, 03:46 PM
Wow...

(maybe Not)

So... Am I supposed to be working on this?

Aaron_S
10-04-13, 04:03 PM

Simple answer is no.

Mikoh4792
10-04-13, 04:19 PM
OOORRR the very classic wear normal clothing and goes as a "serial killer" because they look just like everyone else.

Lol... That's cheating

Chris72
10-04-13, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Chris72
Wow...
(maybe Not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_bug87

Simple answer is no.

:mad:

Aaron_S
10-04-13, 05:46 PM
Go ask your wife Chris :P

Chris72
10-04-13, 06:14 PM
Go ask your wife Chris :P

LMAO..... :)

Aaron just sent me an angry text telling me in not allowed to use the words..

"Princess Laya / metal bikini" "French Maid" & "Lori"

In the same sentence...

So it looks like every male vote is still up for grabs.....:rolleyes:

Aaron_S
10-04-13, 06:17 PM
LMAO..... :)

Aaron just sent me an angry text telling me in not allowed to use the words..

"Princess Laya / metal bikini" "French Maid" & "Lori"

In the same sentence...

So it looks like every male vote is still up for grabs.....:rolleyes:

Again, go ask Heather to dress up. I'm SURE she'd love to.

Chris72
10-05-13, 08:25 AM
Ok so onward...........

Remember:
> I doesn't have to be yourself in the picture. (Kids, spouse, neighbor, the dog)

> Keep the reptile as the focal point of the picture.

> The "costume" does not need to be anything elaborate or expensive...be creative.

> So nobody is excluded: if you don't have anyone to costume up make a very Halloween themed picture. (It will need to be really good to compete with those in costume)

Above all be creative and have fun.
This can be a good one!!

h3h
10-05-13, 11:24 AM

Haha! :yes:

- h3

Starbuck
10-05-13, 04:20 PM
tada! here is my submission: my boyfriend, Cole, dressed as a COLON with his tapeworm buddy :) :) :) (my albino kingsnake Lux)

lol please keep in mind that i am a vet student.... the first pic is my actul submission, the other pics are just for further reference to how much i put poor Cole through ;)

EDIT: ahahahahhaa i didnt realize, but there is a little dog *sh*t* in the second picture ;) ;)

Aaron_S
10-05-13, 05:17 PM
I like the creativity.

drumcrush
10-05-13, 05:40 PM
my original plan didn't work out ( slender man) soooo I did this instead. me in my joey mask(drummer for slipknot) and ma female mbk Ammit who was named after a female egyption demon, which is why I used her. Buut yeahh

Chris72
10-05-13, 07:19 PM
my original plan didn't work out ( slender man) soooo I did this instead. me in my joey mask(drummer for slipknot) and ma female mbk Ammit who was named after a female egyption demon, which is why I used her. Buut yeahh

That has "happy hallowen" written all over it!

(You should ask permission to resubmit the same basic image focused on the snake)

Cool though... :)

Starbuck
10-05-13, 07:20 PM
i love how the snake almost looks like a knife! very creepy :)

drumcrush
10-05-13, 08:19 PM
That has "happy hallowen" written all over it!

(You should ask permission to resubmit the same basic image focused on the snake)

Cool though... :)

Yeah, that's a good idea. I took so many pictures trying to get her to stay still haha

Aaron_S
10-09-13, 09:12 AM
10 days left!!!

Let's see some more posts!

Kera
10-09-13, 01:22 PM

Oh my gosh. Slipknot. <3

Aaron_S
10-12-13, 11:44 AM
Officially. You all suck.

Pareeeee
10-12-13, 12:19 PM
I don't Halloween or Halloween costumes, so I won't be entering this one :P

We may suck, but we suck like a Black Hole.
http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/dynamic/59/590x/103772144-377460.jpg
Because Black Holes are cool.

................aaaaaand this is how you tell I'm bored at work.

lady_bug87
10-12-13, 02:05 PM

Hey, I was told not to participate...

Aaron_S
10-12-13, 02:51 PM
Hey, I was told not to participate...

Excluding you...you don't suck.

Chris72
10-13-13, 07:23 AM
Excluding you...you don't suck.

I'll whip up 2 Hallowen theme pics between the gym and lunch. (Mine are not official entries, just hoping to get everyone motivated)

One of my favorite pictures is a pic-o-Paris....a yellow pencil sitting on a crested geckos head. (They always look so happy)

Creative and simple.....

Terranaut
10-13-13, 09:15 AM
The problem for me is I can't dress up until the 26th . Mine is a one shot deal so until then.... no pics :(

Extend the deadline to the first Sunday in November . That will help.

Aaron_S
10-13-13, 09:30 AM
The problem for me is I can't dress up until the 26th . Mine is a one shot deal so until then.... no pics :(

I'm considering it already.

Chris72
10-13-13, 01:34 PM

Thats a great idea.

So as not to take the thread over I posted a few quick-pics in a new thread
( called - Halloween Contest Examples......)
http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/members-lounge/102381-halloween-contest-examples.html

We had the stuff but it originally came from the dollar store. ($2 worth of props)

h3h
10-13-13, 04:59 PM
I think that's a great idea, an extension at least till NOV. 1st makes sense, since some people may not have the materials to dress up twice.

- h3

alessia55
10-13-13, 08:27 PM
an old photo, but it'll do :)

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/315057_2155898812627_42959579_n.jpg

warehouse13fan
10-13-13, 08:30 PM
I'm doing a homestuck character with mine....online comic

CK SandBoas
10-13-13, 08:36 PM
Older pic, but fits with the theme....

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee6/crisscris/Decorated%20images/034_zpsf8a7e165.jpg (http://s234.photobucket.com/user/crisscris/media/Decorated%20images/034_zpsf8a7e165.jpg.html)

Starbuck
10-13-13, 09:01 PM
KKgal, you missed a great 'Tremors' oppourtunity with your sand boas! :D :P

CK SandBoas
10-13-13, 09:13 PM
KKgal, you missed a great 'Tremors' oppourtunity with your sand boas! :D :P

Yeah, that would have been awesome, but i'm not very creative, and my head really wasn't into doing something new for this Halloween...

Tyguy35
10-14-13, 04:27 PM
Best I've got lol

Aaron_S
10-15-13, 09:29 AM
Alright so I've decided to extend the deadline to November 3rd so we can get more submissions of people! We'll just have a shorter November contest.

marvelfreak
10-19-13, 01:50 PM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2162/opcm.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/opcm.jpg/)

Aaron_S
10-23-13, 02:53 PM
BAM! Let's bump this thing!

Starbuck
10-23-13, 03:01 PM
Marvelfreak, mega creepy! Nice job!

Terranaut
10-27-13, 10:22 AM
Mine.......
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j9/terranaut0/20131026_200257_zps5a778561.jpg

rhiannon79
10-31-13, 06:37 PM
Me and my Bo

Aaron_S
10-31-13, 06:38 PM
Nov 2nd will be cut off day :)

rhiannon79
10-31-13, 06:44 PM
Me and my Bo sorry I sent it twice

rhiannon79
11-04-13, 12:30 PM
Sorry @Terranaunt I didnt look at ur pic before I posted looks like we had the same idea. I was jusy dressed to go trick or treating with my kids and spur of the moment took a pic with Bo..sorry

Terranaut
11-04-13, 12:33 PM
Sorry @Terranaunt I didnt look at ur pic before I posted looks like we had the same idea. I was jusy dressed to go trick or treating with my kids and spur of the moment took a pic with Bo..sorry

Lol..no worries. Not like we are competing for a cash prize or anything. Although I will say only 3 of us posted pics in accordance with the original theme ;)