PDA

View Full Version : rubbermaid container

Proclivity
08-27-13, 07:35 PM
I tried searching the forums but I had no luck...

I remember someone posting a link of some really cool rubbermaid containers that open towards you instead of a top lid..

Anyone remember? It could have been a different site.

Thanks

franks
08-27-13, 07:49 PM
Search walmart for them? I have to ask because of the catagory you posted this in: what are you planning on putting in there?

Proclivity
08-27-13, 07:52 PM
I was going to check them out again because i couldnt quite remember how they looked but possibly crickets

I was just curious... i thought it was posted here

smy_749
08-27-13, 08:10 PM
They have them everywhere now. They are called all access organizers by Rubbermaid and most places that carry rubbermaid stuff have them. Walmart is a definite, as well as target.

Snowshoes
08-27-13, 08:12 PM
I've seen those at walmart. I think I remember their being a small gap, so crickets my not be good to put in them.

Proclivity
08-27-13, 08:12 PM
Thanks smy_749.. i was thinking stackable for feeders but I could see it being hard getting them out

smy_749
08-27-13, 08:14 PM
Thanks smy_749.. i was thinking stackable for feeders but I could see it being hard getting them out

They have gaps in them which allow small species of reptile, especially snakes to escape. I would not advise using these for any feeders at all. Maybe a crested gecko or something similar from that group of geckos, but no feeders or small species of anything that has a tendency to escape.

I would go with normal rubbermaids, they are also stackable. Punch holes in the sides since top holes will be blocked if you stack em. Top opening is also much easier with insects.

Proclivity
08-27-13, 08:21 PM
Got it. Thanks.

For some reason I thought they were suggested exactly for that reason but obviously something went wrong haha

smy_749
08-27-13, 08:26 PM
Got it. Thanks.

For some reason I thought they were suggested exactly for that reason but obviously something went wrong haha

They could be ok with modification I'm sure. But towards the bottom hinges (which are cheap and flimsy) there are some large gaps where roaches / crickets probably would just crawl out freely without any trouble. Go with top opening, and the steeper / higher the side walls are the better.

If you want to separate babies from adults, you can cut holes in one rubbermaid, and stack it on top of another without a cover. The adults will be too big but the babies will fall through so it does the separating for you.

Proclivity
08-27-13, 08:40 PM
Oooooooh clever clever! I like the idea of separating the adults and the babies... its as if you were reading my mind! Good info. there, Thanks!