PDA

View Full Version : Retic growth chart

smy_749
08-09-13, 01:36 PM
Found this interesting page with pictures of mainland vs dwarf growth. Thought I'd share it.

Are Dwarf Retics Real? (http://mahn001.tripod.com/id28.html)

pdomensis
08-09-13, 02:14 PM
That was cool. Thanks for posting.

millertime89
08-10-13, 01:37 AM
No wonder the male never grew, feeding it once every other week! That's actually pretty impressive growth from the female SD fed twice a week but not too surprising. The Amel Tiger is pretty typical growth seen from a retic on a standard feeding regimen.

KORBIN5895
08-10-13, 02:36 AM
No wonder the male never grew, feeding it once every other week! That's actually pretty impressive growth from the female SD fed twice a week but not too surprising. The Amel Tiger is pretty typical growth seen from a retic on a standard feeding regimen.

Care to comment on the recent deaths of two children by a giant?

infernalis
08-10-13, 07:41 AM
Care to comment on the recent deaths of two children by a giant?

Totally unnecessary Kevin.

What does media ballyhoo have to do with this thread? NOTHING.

KORBIN5895
08-10-13, 10:08 AM

You may be correct to a point. The problem is the comes on here and brings all of his friends to tell us how great they are because they keep giants and how pathetic our snakes are because they aren't giants. They go on and on telling us how they are on the front lines fighting for our hobby and how they have so much passion. Yet when a tragedy occurs because of their beloved giants they won't even comment? This is a giant thread and I asked about a topic pertaining to giants. I wasn't rude, condescending or even antagonistic. I simply asked if he planned on commenting on this tragedy.

strictaz
08-10-13, 11:45 AM

Why does no one want to talk about it on here? I saw one thread about it which was closed, and every time i see it brought up its shut down. Sorry if i'm missing something but i find it worth talking about. if there is a thread i'm missing let me know.

smy_749
08-10-13, 11:54 AM
Why does no one want to talk about it on here? I saw one thread about it which was closed, and every time i see it brought up its shut down. Sorry if i'm missing something but i find it worth talking about. if there is a thread i'm missing let me know.

There is one about the python incident with like 20 pages...

infernalis
08-10-13, 02:17 PM

Get me a thread where the fighting does not happen, and I won't need to shut it down.

There will always be 2 camps, and I refuse to say what one I am on.

I don't mind if you all want to talk about the news, but I will not entertain a thread of arguing about giants being legal or banned.

If the laws of your country offend you, there is a plethora of other countries you can move to, so why effing argue about it??

millertime89
08-10-13, 05:52 PM
Its off topic and has no relevence to this thread. Korbin and Aaron are both just trying to get me to engage in a pissing match in an attempt to get me banned. I just blow em off.

Back to feeding schedule discussion now. The pros who do this for a living all agree that babies need to be fed every 4-7 days. I feed every Sunday personally.

Akuma223
08-10-13, 06:10 PM
So are dwarf retics really significantly smaller when they get to full size? How long does a dwarf or super dwarf usually get?

smy_749
08-10-13, 06:41 PM
So are dwarf retics really significantly smaller when they get to full size? How long does a dwarf or super dwarf usually get?

depends on percentages and sexes really..male SD 6 foot max? Dwarf females in the mid teens maybe? I think...

lady_bug87
08-10-13, 06:58 PM
Its off topic and has no relevence to this thread. Korbin and Aaron are both just trying to get me to engage in a pissing match in an attempt to get me banned. I just blow em off.

Back to feeding schedule discussion now. The pros who do this for a living all agree that babies need to be fed every 4-7 days. I feed every Sunday personally.

Is it hard to get through the door with that giant head?

You have such amazing self esteem to think that anyone actually cares whether you're here or not.

smy_749
08-10-13, 07:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WTPD0NO.gif

Lankyrob
08-11-13, 02:46 PM

My male SD was over six feet but under seven after three years of growth.

Akuma223
08-11-13, 05:26 PM
Not bad, If it is common for one to not surpass 10ft I would maybe consider getting one but only then. Retics are gorgeous but I could never handle something so big.

guyabano
08-12-13, 07:43 AM
Intriguing. Thanks for sharing!

h3h
08-13-13, 03:42 AM
This was interesting. Small test group, but it carries a lot of weight. Nice find.

- h3

boosh96
08-13-13, 03:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/WTPD0NO.gif

I almost died when I saw this.

The page was really interesting too.