PDA

View Full Version : Getting a hognose!

Corey209
08-05-13, 01:06 AM
I was originally interested in getting a Garter but I couldn't find any available in my price range from a reputable breeder. After looking around all the other colubrids I decided a hognose would be a great pick, especially since they stay small I'm hoping to interest my girlfriend because she has always been scared of my boa's.

Haven't received him yet but I will have him Tuesday! I purchased this 2013 male from Greg Bennett who runs hognose.com
http://i.imgur.com/I0PuC3T.jpg

smy_749
08-05-13, 01:49 AM
You couldn't find a garter in your price range??? They have beautiful garters for less than 50 bucks (maybe 30 bucks even) all over the place! Anyways, cool snake. Congrats

Corey209
08-05-13, 02:21 AM
You couldn't find a garter in your price range??? They have beautiful garters for less than 50 bucks (maybe 30 bucks even) all over the place! Anyways, cool snake. Congrats

I wanted an albino which I could have purchased for what I had to spend but I only wanted to purchase from a few certain people and what they had available was way too pricey.

Mikoh4792
08-05-13, 03:06 AM
I wanted an albino which I could have purchased for what I had to spend but I only wanted to purchase from a few certain people and what they had available was way too pricey.

You could have just saved up and gotten what you wanted. A snake is a long term pet after all.

Corey209
08-05-13, 03:31 AM
You could have just saved up and gotten what you wanted. A snake is a long term pet after all.

I had enough for what I wanted but the breeders I wanted to buy from were sold out. Like I said after checking out hognoses I couldn't resist.

Mikoh4792
08-05-13, 03:41 AM
I had enough for what I wanted but the breeders I wanted to buy from were sold out. Like I said after checking out hognoses I couldn't resist.

Well congrats then lol. Nice looking snake too. How is it?(activity levels, handling experience..etc)

Corey209
08-05-13, 03:52 AM
Well congrats then lol. Nice looking snake too. How is it?(activity levels, handling experience..etc)

I ordered Friday but there's no shipping on the weekends so he's doing it sometime today and I'll be receiving him tomorrow morning.

Originally I had ordered a hatchling but Greg recommended one of his older 2013's that are already established to prevent any problems that could occur.

He did tell me though that he has a very aggressive feeding response which is great to hear. I'll make sure to give an update with his temperament, handling etc.

smy_749
08-05-13, 05:15 AM
Tuesday is new snake day after all....