I think Jenny and Wilson have put on a bit of size

Jenny first we reckon she's around the 16 foot mark

Now Wilson

Thanks for looking
Login to remove ads
Old 10-02-19, 10:57 AM   #2
PanUzasny

Re: I think Jenny and Wilson have put on a bit of size

Wow. I don't think I'm up for the challenge of such large snakes. Beautiful.
Old 10-02-19, 01:54 PM   #3
dave himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanUzasny View Post
Wow. I don't think I'm up for the challenge of such large snakes. Beautiful.
There definitely not for everyone there's a bit of looking after them
Old 10-04-19, 10:40 AM   #4
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

They both look GREAT Dave!! How much and how often do you feed those big beautiful beasts?
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 10-04-19, 03:16 PM   #5
craigafrechette

They're both gorgeous!! Jenny is especially beautiful in my opinion. I love her colors and markings.

Huge props for keeping these amazing animals. You're absolutely right, they're not for everyone. 20 years ago I might have been up for the challenge, but now, no way!! I love observing the giants, but they're too much snake for me.

Again, huge props and thanks for sharing!
Login to remove ads
Old 10-08-19, 10:44 AM   #6
dave himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
They both look GREAT Dave!! How much and how often do you feed those big beautiful beasts?
Thanks Ziggy we try are best to keep them in top shape, at the moment they're both being feed every 3 weeks or there abouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
They're both gorgeous!! Jenny is especially beautiful in my opinion. I love her colors and markings.

Huge props for keeping these amazing animals. You're absolutely right, they're not for everyone. 20 years ago I might have been up for the challenge, but now, no way!! I love observing the giants, but they're too much snake for me.

Again, huge props and thanks for sharing!
Thanks and after Daisy passed on we toyed with the idea of replacing her. But I'm 55 years old now and buying another hatching would just be to much for us so we decided just to be happy with what we have. I have to agree with you about Jenny to me nothing beats a purple retic
Old 10-08-19, 11:32 AM   #7
craigafrechette

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave himself View Post
Thanks Ziggy we try are best to keep them in top shape, at the moment they're both being feed every 3 weeks or there abouts

Thanks and after Daisy passed on we toyed with the idea of replacing her. But I'm 55 years old now and buying another hatching would just be to much for us so we decided just to be happy with what we have. I have to agree with you about Jenny to me nothing beats a purple retic
I hear ya, I'm 40 and have already ruled out some species. I'm slowing down already and can't see myself wanting to wrestle any biggins as I get older. I just received a female Bredli today. She'll be as big as I go. As I age I enjoy just relaxing with the snakes more.
Plus, I've got to consider that any new additions could potentially outlive me...
Old 10-08-19, 02:05 PM   #8
dave himself

Quote:
I hear ya, I'm 40 and have already ruled out some species. I'm slowing down already and can't see myself wanting to wrestle any biggins as I get older. I just received a female Bredli today. She'll be as big as I go. As I age I enjoy just relaxing with the snakes more.
Plus, I've got to consider that any new additions could potentially outlive me...
I know we're your coming from but we already have someone to take them off are hands should anything happens to one of us. Our daughter and her partner are totally in love with them both and will jump in to take them in a heartbeat. Jenny is one of the sweetess snakes we've ever owned Wilson can be a bit of a handful getting him out but is as calm as Jenny once he's out. They vist regularly and take both of them out and handle them so they know what they're getting into. Once we think they are both becoming to much well move them on but so far we're managing them just fine. But we thought long and hard before we made the jump to the big ones
Old 10-08-19, 05:06 PM   #9
craigafrechette

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave himself View Post
I know we're your coming from but we already have someone to take them off are hands should anything happens to one of us. Our daughter and her partner are totally in love with them both and will jump in to take them in a heartbeat. Jenny is one of the sweetess snakes we've ever owned Wilson can be a bit of a handful getting him out but is as calm as Jenny once he's out. They vist regularly and take both of them out and handle them so they know what they're getting into. Once we think they are both becoming to much well move them on but so far we're managing them just fine. But we thought long and hard before we made the jump to the big ones
That's awesome that you've got somebody ready and able just in case. Unfortunately I don't. I've left my girlfriend instructions for who to call if something were to happen to me. They probably wouldn't be able to take the snakes, but could help re-home them.

I truly commend you for not only taking on those amazing animals, but also doing it the right way and thinking ahead.
Old 10-24-19, 03:47 PM   #10
dave himself

Quote:
That's awesome that you've got somebody ready and able just in case. Unfortunately I don't. I've left my girlfriend instructions for who to call if something were to happen to me. They probably wouldn't be able to take the snakes, but could help re-home them.

I truly commend you for not only taking on those amazing animals, but also doing it the right way and thinking ahead.
I'll be honest with you mate at the start we never thought about what would if one of us was to get sick. Then when Daisy hit about 8 foot we started thinking about it. At that time we had 6 burms and it just seemed sensible to get plans in order. What your doing with your snakes if something bad should happen to you is the next best thing at least you know they'll all end up in good homes. And sorry I took so long to answer but things have been a bit hectic here of late
Login to remove ads
Old 11-25-19, 02:23 AM   #11
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Im glad Wilson and Jenny are doing well, its nice to see them again.
Old 04-01-20, 05:13 AM   #12
dave himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
Im glad Wilson and Jenny are doing well, its nice to see them again.
Thanks mate
Closed Thread