border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-16, 01:30 AM   #1
KrokadilyanGuy3

Send a message via AIM to KrokadilyanGuy3 Send a message via Yahoo to KrokadilyanGuy3
Question for those who shop online for feeders

Normally I shop shows but with a broken leg, it's a bit difficult to roll around in a wheelchair at one.
That being said, I'm tired of spending $40 for one feeding at the local shop.

I live in an apartment and want to order rodents and though I am allowed to have my animals I however would like to not show that I am bringing in rodents. (We had a bad case in our section of units, not my fault)

Are they shipped in a normal looking box or are they blasted with the shop logos?
I assume they will be dropped off at the office instead of my door.
Login to remove ads
Old 12-16-16, 07:42 AM   #2
Albert Clark

Re: Question for those who shop online for feeders

Sorry to hear about the disability. Hope you're back on your feet soon. Sure, i sould consider ordering rodents from big cheese rodent factory bc they don't seem to have all the rodents pictured all over the shipping box. Their prices and quality are superior and you can always have them deliver directly to your door by putting in the special instructions box that you want that option.
Old 12-16-16, 08:54 AM   #3
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Wishing you a speedy recovery over there Krok! I use Perfect Prey as my go to feeder supplier. Big Cheese is great but they're too often out of the medium and large size rats I need. live in an apartment too and Perfect Prey ships directly to my front door. Their packaging is very discreet and if I'm not mistaken I only see the company name on the shipping label.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 12-16-16, 11:03 AM   #4
sattva

How many snakes you feeding?
Oh and thanks for the tip Albert! I'm expecting an order next week and I don't want it to go to the office, so I emailed Rodent Pro and they said they put a message on the outside of the box....
Leon- 1.0 Lemon Ball, aka Russo Het White Diamond Ball Python... Crystal's boyfriend...
Old 12-19-16, 02:47 PM   #5
KrokadilyanGuy3

Send a message via AIM to KrokadilyanGuy3 Send a message via Yahoo to KrokadilyanGuy3

Awesome.
Thanks for the replies. It seems no one is shipping this week so that sucks.
I feed about 15 animals in a setting. I have different feeding times for different animals. I did some pricing and I would literally save hundreds of dollars a month just ordering online. This will definitely be my go to.
Login to remove ads
Old 12-19-16, 03:05 PM   #6
SerpentineDream

Big Cheese has always been my go-to. I've never gotten a dirty or bad-smelling rodent from them. IIRC the company name is on either the box or label, but it doesn't scream "Rodents Inside!"
0.1 Hog Island Boa, 0.1 Woma Python, 2.3 Ball Pythons, 1.1 Stimson's Pythons, 1.1 Western Hognoses, 4.6 Corns, 1.1 Mexican Milks, 2.2 Black Milks, 1.1 CA Kings, 1.1 CA Red-Sided Garters, 2.3 Trans-Pecos Rats, 2.2 Russian Rats, 1.0 Olive House Snake
Old 12-19-16, 03:09 PM   #7
Piggybuns

It's likely no one is shipping because the holidays start this coming weekend, and next Monday a lot of people are going to have off work; which is usually when shippings start. But once that week's up, they should start going back to normal. c:
Old 01-06-17, 04:52 AM   #8
KrokadilyanGuy3

Just to update for anyone who may have the same question.

The box came in and of course went straight to the office and the staff had to take special notice since they forgot to put my apt number on the box. The label on their end was super small and they would literally have to be nosey to read who it's from. The ship to was huge so you can be several feet away and know who it's for. Other than perishable on the box, there's no other indication of whats in the box.

They ship fedex, so you can log in and tell fedex what you want done with the box such as leave it at the office, your door or at the facility. Cant really go wrong with online buying if you can remember to order on Monday or Tuesday.
Old 01-06-17, 10:38 AM   #9
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Which supplier did you choose Krok?
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 01-06-17, 03:15 PM   #10
KrokadilyanGuy3

Went with American Rodent Supply. Mostly because they actually responded to my email.
I price checked with everyone and they were nearly all the same price with maybe a 5 dollar difference on the product price. The shipping was only $29.

I forget who it was but one company wanted 79 to ship.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread