border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum
 

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Lizard Forums > Varanid

Notices

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-17, 08:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
dave himself's Avatar
 
Join Date: May-2012
Location: Belfast
Age: 53
Posts: 3,425
Country:
Water monitor

This girl is awesome, so easy to work with the only reason I took the pics through the glass, is she's already ruined 2 pairs of my jeans climbing up me


I have just uploaded these images:
__________________
I've gazed at the stars too fondly
To be afraid of the night
dave himself is offline  
Login to remove ads
Old 05-11-17, 08:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
dave himself's Avatar
 
Join Date: May-2012
Location: Belfast
Age: 53
Posts: 3,425
Country:
Re: Water monitor

Sorry about the pic again, I don't know what's going on today
__________________
I've gazed at the stars too fondly
To be afraid of the night
dave himself is offline  
Old 05-12-17, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
MM1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul-2012
Posts: 162
Country:
Re: Water monitor

Nice. How old/big is she?
__________________
0.0.1 Epicrates Striatus (obtained as a juvenile in 1982 and still ticking)
MM1 is offline  
Old 05-12-17, 09:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
trailblazer295's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec-2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,081
Country:
Re: Water monitor

So when are you taking her home?
__________________
1.0 Fire Ball Python (Mushu) 1.0 BCI (Banzai) 0.1 Jaguar Carpet Python (Ono) 1.0 SD Retic (Kaa) 0.1 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (curly fry - unofficial) black and white cat (Nahla)
trailblazer295 is offline  
Old 05-13-17, 01:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
dave himself's Avatar
 
Join Date: May-2012
Location: Belfast
Age: 53
Posts: 3,425
Country:
Re: Water monitor

[QUOTE=MM1;1023148]Nice. How old/big is she?[/QUOTE

She roughly around 4ft at the moment, and I'm not sure on her age ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer295 View Post
So when are you taking her home?
She's not coming home with me ever, she would shred everything in your house trying to climb, with her claws it's like having wolverine as a buddy
__________________
I've gazed at the stars too fondly
To be afraid of the night
dave himself is offline  
Login to remove ads
Old 05-13-17, 03:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
 
Tsubaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan-2014
Posts: 4,255
Country:
Send a message via Skype™ to Tsubaki
Re: Water monitor

What a majestic animal, got to love monitors!


Dave, usually when my phone does this (the uploading rotated) it's because my camera saved the rotation in a different position than it shows. My current phone is a Galaxy S7 but my S5 did it at times as well, though my S7 is becoming a bit notorious for it. When I am taking the picture I can see it is planning to do that though; The camera icon on the picture button will be differently orientated. Uploading programmes aren't smartphones and just upload the image depending on the recorded orientation... When I open pictures I've taken to editing software to resize, I'll get the message "Image data shows this image is rotated" with the option to normalise it.
__________________
Aho ni toriau baka!- Baka wa shinanakya naoranai...
Tsubaki is offline  
Old 05-13-17, 03:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec-2015
Posts: 2,206
Country:
Re: Water monitor

Yeah my S7 edge has starting doing it as well. Ah well. I get an S8 today so maybe that'll behave more!
__________________
0.1 B imperator, 1.0 M spilota harrisoni, 1.0 C hortulanus, 2.1 P reticulatus (Madu locality), 1.1 S amethystine, 1.1 L olivaceous, 1.0 C angulifer, 1.0 Z persicus, 0.1 P regius, 0.1 N natrix, 0.1 E climacophora, 1.0 P obsoletus, 0.1 L geluta nigrtia, 1.0 P catenifer sayi, 1.0 T lepidus
dannybgoode is offline  
Old 05-13-17, 03:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
dave himself's Avatar
 
Join Date: May-2012
Location: Belfast
Age: 53
Posts: 3,425
Country:
Re: Water monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
What a majestic animal, got to love monitors!


Dave, usually when my phone does this (the uploading rotated) it's because my camera saved the rotation in a different position than it shows. My current phone is a Galaxy S7 but my S5 did it at times as well, though my S7 is becoming a bit notorious for it. When I am taking the picture I can see it is planning to do that though; The camera icon on the picture button will be differently orientated. Uploading programmes aren't smartphones and just upload the image depending on the recorded orientation... When I open pictures I've taken to editing software to resize, I'll get the message "Image data shows this image is rotated" with the option to normalise it.
Thanks for the tip mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybgoode View Post
Yeah my S7 edge has starting doing it as well. Ah well. I get an S8 today so maybe that'll behave more!
I'd give my eye teeth for an S8 , I'm stuck with a Sony X3
__________________
I've gazed at the stars too fondly
To be afraid of the night
dave himself is offline  
Old 05-13-17, 08:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
trailblazer295's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec-2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,081
Country:
Re: Water monitor

[QUOTE=dave himself;1023167]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM1 View Post
Nice. How old/big is she?[/QUOTE

She roughly around 4ft at the moment, and I'm not sure on her age ]



She's not coming home with me ever, she would shred everything in your house trying to climb, with her claws it's like having wolverine as a buddy
Wolverine needs buddies too Maybe a set of chain mail pants? Rock the medieval look
__________________
1.0 Fire Ball Python (Mushu) 1.0 BCI (Banzai) 0.1 Jaguar Carpet Python (Ono) 1.0 SD Retic (Kaa) 0.1 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (curly fry - unofficial) black and white cat (Nahla)
trailblazer295 is offline  
Old 05-13-17, 10:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
dave himself's Avatar
 
Join Date: May-2012
Location: Belfast
Age: 53
Posts: 3,425
Country:
Re: Water monitor

[QUOTE=trailblazer295;1023200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave himself View Post

Wolverine needs buddies too Maybe a set of chain mail pants? Rock the medieval look
Wolverine as enough mates, and the chain mail pants are off the menu. No matter if I rocked them or not
__________________
I've gazed at the stars too fondly
To be afraid of the night
dave himself is offline  
Login to remove ads
Old 05-13-17, 02:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb-2017
Age: 58
Posts: 1,020
Country:
Re: Water monitor

[QUOTE=dave himself;1023205]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer295 View Post

Wolverine as enough mates, and the chain mail pants are off the menu. No matter if I rocked them or not
Well, how about a pair of Chaps? Falconers use leather gloves for their birds, so a set of chaps would work--just remember to wear something under the chaps since they do leave a few body parts exposed if you don't!
__________________
1.2.4 Boidae | 1.3.8 Colubridae | 0.0.2 Dipsadidae | 0.0.8 Pythonidae |3.0.0 Canis lupus familiaris | 1.0.0 Homo Sapiens Sapiens Stultus
Scubadiver59 is offline  
Old 05-14-17, 02:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
dave himself's Avatar
 
Join Date: May-2012
Location: Belfast
Age: 53
Posts: 3,425
Country:
Re: Water monitor

[QUOTE=Scubadiver59;1023223]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave himself View Post

Well, how about a pair of Chaps? Falconers use leather gloves for their birds, so a set of chaps would work--just remember to wear something under the chaps since they do leave a few body parts exposed if you don't!
Chaps are not on the menu, this girl would honestly rip your sofas curtains and anything else she could climb
__________________
I've gazed at the stars too fondly
To be afraid of the night
dave himself is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002-17, Hobby Solutions Inc.

right

SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0