border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > New to the forum?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-21, 09:37 AM   #1
dhave

New to forum

Hi, folks. I'm an old guy now, but as a boy I was fascinated by snakes and always kept a few in my bedroom, much to my mother's chagrin.

I signed up just now to submit a photo of a snake sent by a friend (she sent the photo, not the snake). My identification skills are rusty, so I thought that, before I embarrass myself, I'd get some help from people who are more knowledgeable.

I usually kept a snake for just a few months before releasing it, but when I was about 12 I had a beautiful king snake as my roommate for a year or so before I let him go. He was a beautiful creature, docile and dignified. While he was still with me, one summer morning a neighbor lady phoned to ask me to come and catch a snake that was under her clothes line. I was delighted to find that it was a corn snake, a species I'd always admired. I caught him (he nipped my hand as I did), put him in a pillowcase, and took him home. While I was preparing a terrarium to put him in, I placed him in the larger terrarium where I kept my beautiful king snake.

After tidying the smaller terrarium, I turned to the king snake's cage to remove my new pet. To my horror, all I could see of the corn snake was the last few inches of his tale sticking out of the mouth of the king snake! I should have known better. Anyway, the king snake had a sumptuous meal that day, a nice change from the mice I usually fed him (and raised for that purpose).
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread