border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-21, 04:22 PM   #1
ErinEstes

Peat Moss Help

I want to add Peat Moss to my snake tank but am having trouble finding some. I found a lot of fertilizers with moss in it but that's not what I'm looking for. Links would be awesome
Login to remove ads
Old 05-09-21, 04:59 PM   #2
chairman

Re: Peat Moss Help

Pure peat moss, minus additives, can usually be found at home improvement stores like Lowes or Home Depot. Sphagnum moss is slightly harder to find but reptile specific brands like Zoo Med sell it. Which are you looking for?
Old 05-10-21, 11:22 AM   #3
ReptiWorldWide

Although this is probably not what you are looking for, there are a lot of methods of making wild moss tank safe. I personally grow my own moss for enclosures and other things (I have carnivorous plants and grow moss for that...) so if you can't find anything you could always try that. A good resource for this is a youtube channel called serpadesign, he does a bunch of diy builds for animal enclosures, and I beleive he has an entire video dedicated to sterilizing moss.
Old 05-15-21, 06:49 PM   #4
toddnbecka

If you want to increase humidity cypress mulch or coconut husk in various forms are good for holding moisture, and unless you're working with eco earth less likely to make a mess of the water bowl than peat moss.
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Closed Thread

Tags
moss, peat