border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-19, 01:41 AM   #1
isaalv

Should I take my python to the vet?

Hi, new user here. I’ve recently got my first ball python and snake in general, and I’ve had her since mid-July. She’s a few months old (don’t know the exact amount) and from what I know, the store we got her from wasn’t shady and took good care of her. She’s been eating just fine, hasn’t shown any signs of stress, and the temperature/humidity of her cage are in the right ranges. I’ve done my absolute best in trying to care for her, and she hasn’t shown any signs of illness until right about now.
A few minutes before I began typing this, she starting pooping very “aggressively” and loudly, which I’ve never seen her do. I thought this might’ve just been a case of diarrhea, but I noticed bits of her poop looked a bit like worms. She also started to open her mouth very wide during this, almost like she was yawning. I’ve already cleaned her cage out and she’s back to normal again, but I’m really worried this might end up being something serious and it’ll get worse if I continue to ignore it. I already looked online to find if anyone else had the same situation but I haven’t come across anything yet. If anyone has had any cases of this and has any advice on what to do or can confirm that it’s just a case of diarrhea, I would really appreciate it. Sorry if this reads like I’m rambling, it’s a bit late for me at the time of typing this thank you!
Login to remove ads
Old 09-26-19, 12:39 PM   #2
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S
Re: Should I take my python to the vet?

I wouldn't worry about it right now. Snakes make a lot of noise when they poop sometimes. It's really gross actually.
Old 09-26-19, 12:51 PM   #3
craigafrechette

Re: Should I take my python to the vet?

I wouldn't sweat it. Sounds to me like a snake pooping. Snakes do fart and make some pretty funny noises when pooping.
Not to be yucky, but most animals, humans included, make noise while "that" is going on.

As for the yawning, no worries there either. Ever see some of the faces babies make while pooping? Hahaha.

Good on you for asking though. It shows you care and want what's best for your new pet.
Closed Thread

Tags
ball python, ball python care, ball python help, ball python sick