border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-16, 10:29 PM   #1
twitch

Unhappy what happen to my snake

i fed my snake two mice and a while later he thew em up they were somewhat digested ( no fur) they next day the poor guy died what happen should i have not fed him two mice or was he sick and i didn't realize it i got him from pet co
Login to remove ads
Old 11-22-16, 12:37 PM   #2
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S
Re: what happen to my snake

No way to really know. It could have just had cancer or a tumour for all we know. I highly doubt it was anything you did.
Old 11-22-16, 04:10 PM   #3
Zelg

Sounds like he was sick. How long have you had him? Had you fed him before? Its unlikely youll get definitive answers over a message board. If youre that interested in cause of death a necropsy at a vet would be good. I guess depending on how long its been since he died.

Sorry to hear about this. Id also contact petco to raise hell if this was his first feeding.

Also might want to give us info about his setup and temps,humidity etc.
Old 11-22-16, 04:23 PM   #4
PatrickV

were they completely thawed? were temps and all what they were supposed to be? sorry to hear about that, its unfortunate. I would contact the pet store if he was new because thats not normal. Im no expert but a regurgitation shouldnt result in death.
Old 11-27-16, 09:33 PM   #5
twitch

to all of you who have replied thanks
to patrick they were live mice so there was no thawing needed
to zelg had had him for quite a while at that point and i had fed him before with no problems he would even act still hungry after we would feed him one mouse thats why we decided to feed him two
i didn't handle him after feeding him i left my room when i came back the smell was awful and there were two mice thrown up in his cage
Login to remove ads
Old 12-11-16, 07:55 AM   #6
stevo-d

Very strange. In my experience a ball wouldn't eat if it was ill. We're did you get the mice. Maybe the mice had a disease. My guess would be the mice were carrying something.
Old 12-11-16, 07:58 AM   #7
stevo-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo-d View Post
Very strange. In my experience a ball wouldn't eat if it was ill. We're did you get the mice. Maybe the mice had a disease. My guess would be the mice were carrying something.
Did you check for mites or tics.
Old 12-11-16, 09:35 AM   #8
Albert Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch View Post
i fed my snake two mice and a while later he thew em up they were somewhat digested ( no fur) they next day the poor guy died what happen should i have not fed him two mice or was he sick and i didn't realize it i got him from pet co
Sorry for your loss. Well for what its worth, PetCo's animals are all in poor shape and you should consider taking the animal back to them. I think they have a two week health guarantee. Most of their animals have mites and respiratory issues. Consider buying from a breeder next time. Also you have to make sure your temperatures are correct in your setup too.
Closed Thread

Tags
ball python, ball python help, feeding