sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Epicrates

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-15, 09:07 PM   #16
Wingbeats

Re: New RB, Big oops!

I have some good news!

So I put flour around the large appliances right after I discovered she was missing. Finally, today, there was a flour trail showing that she exited the flour circle around the oven! This means she spent the entirety of last week camped under and around the oven. I've blocked off the space under there, so she can't return, now.

It seems she headed in the direction of the dishwasher, so I bet she is under there now. I put a flour circle around that, and moved some water, a mouse in a snake trap thing, and some humid hides right nearby. Now that I know she is alive and vaguely where she is, hopefully I can finally nab her!

I also finished setting up the tub enclosure, so I'll have a nice and secure place to put her when I find her
Old 05-18-15, 11:31 PM   #17
Rattlehead

It's great that she's fine. Can you move the appliances of the kitchen? I feel that you are losing some time waiting for her to come out. They are very discreet and probably she'll move to another spot unnoticed again. Good luck!
Old 05-19-15, 05:37 AM   #18
eminart

If you think your snake is under the dishwasher, you should get under there and look. Most, if not all dishwashers, have a removable kick panel.
“...the old ones ... knew in their bones... that death exists, that all life kills to eat, that all lives end, that energy goes on. They knew that humans are participants, not spectators.” -- Stephen Bodio, On the Edge of the Wild
Old 05-19-15, 09:13 AM   #19
Wingbeats

Welp, it turns out I was a bit off. (I looked under the dishwasher, but there was a nook back there I couldn't see into).

Last night, I set out a fuzzy, and went to bed....and then my boyfriend woke me up an hour later saying "I HAVE THE SNAKE!!"

Turns out she actually crawled out from under the oven again, up onto the table, and attempted to get back into her old enclosure. Boyfriend heard her moving over the aluminum foil and nabbed her.

She is now safe in a warm and humid plastic shoebox! She ate her fuzzy as well. I'll get her situated in the bigger tub I made her today when I get home from work.

So yay - Chaska is returned!
Old 05-19-15, 09:35 AM   #20
SnoopySnake

Glad you found her, she's very nice looking. I personally love the CRB/BRB crosses, I love how yours has the clean BRB pattern but earthy CRB color. I won't ever make any but if I ever come across one I'll definitely get it. I love how yours has the clean BRB pattern but earthy CRB color.
Login to remove ads
Old 05-19-15, 02:06 PM   #21
Snakesitter

Woooot major congrats -- I am very happy for you.

Make sure you give her a thorough inspection (after she digests), and keep her temps up by an extra degree or two for a few days to pump her immune system.
Website, Facebook
Old 05-19-15, 02:33 PM   #22
elkied243

Love hearing happy endings to loose snake stories! Congrats and she is gorgeous!
Old 05-19-15, 03:04 PM   #23
Rattlehead

Awesome! Glad that you found her and is safe and sound. Pretty rainbow!
Old 05-20-15, 07:44 AM   #24
prairiepanda

Yay! She's so cute! Glad she turned up. It's funny how escapees often try to get back into their enclosures. I had a king that escaped once and I didn't even realize she had gotten out until I walk into my room and see her trying to find a way back into her enclosure!
0.1 tangerine albino honduran milksnake /// 0.1 snow southern pinesnake /// 0.1 black pinesnake /// 1.0 "hypo" north Mexican pinesnake (jani) /// 1.0 cincuate pinesnake (lineaticollis) /// 1.1 red striped gargoyle geckos /// 0.1 kitty cat /// 2.6.12 tarantulas(assorted species)
Old 05-20-15, 07:53 AM   #25
CrazyAnimalLady

Hey we just might have littermates! She looks just like my Atticus, a brb/crb I got at Repticon in Nampa in September.
Old 05-20-15, 08:07 AM   #26
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Great news! I'm also glad you found her.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 05-20-15, 02:26 PM   #27
Wingbeats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyAnimalLady View Post
Hey we just might have littermates! She looks just like my Atticus, a brb/crb I got at Repticon in Nampa in September.
Oh hey, I didn't know there were other peeps in Idaho here! I got mine from Rockin' Reptiles in downtown Boise.

And thanks everyone! Complaining here while she was missing helped me feel better and not stress so much

Chaska seems quite happy in her new tub - it's a big Ziplock tub with four latches. No way she is getting out of that, and she has room to grow. I am going to give her a thorough inspection when I get home from work, since her last meal should be all digested now!
Old 05-20-15, 02:43 PM   #28
Albert Clark

Congrats there wingbeats! I am so glad you had the persistence to never give up looking! Make sure to give the little girl extra hiding places in the new tub since it's a grow out tub. Please never take your eyes off her when that lid is off. Great work and kudos to you and boyfriend.
Closed Thread

Tags
lost, missing, rainbow boa