border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > General Python Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-13, 07:42 PM   #1
Snakeypoo

Unhappy Help! Ball python got out!

So I come home from work today and I go to check on our BP and he's not in his terrarium. WHAT THE heck?! Either he learned to push it open without knocking the two heat lamps over, as they are over the lid (you have to remove them to even get the top off) OR my boyfriend left a crack in the top open. Whatever happened, our BP is now missing. I have flour down, and a mouse in a box and heat lamps and his water dish near-by. Our apartment is on the older side, so there are a few holes in the baseboard where the pipes for the heater goes into the wall. I have a feeling he's in there. Is there any way to get him out? I turned the heat down quite low, so it's not like the heater is even warm. Do snakes most of the time show up when they get out of their enclosure? Or should I just hope for the best, but not count on it? I'm just really sad and worried and I don't want to lose him forever :'( Any help, or positive thoughts would be fantastic! Thank you so much!

Last edited by infernalis; 12-22-13 at 07:51 PM..
Login to remove ads
Old 12-22-13, 08:11 PM   #2
aaron_cg

Re: Help! Ball python got out!

Something I have been told, was to put a heat pad out, in like a corner, and put the BP's hide over it. Best of luck.
Old 12-22-13, 09:37 PM   #3
lewis13

Re: Help! Ball python got out!

The same thing happened to me with my RTB. I couldn't find her and searched the tank and both her hides. Eventually I found her buried under the substrate. So I don't know what kind of substrate you use and I know BP's are not normally burrowers, but I would check the substrate really good especially if you are using aspen or cyprus mulch.

Tags
ball python, help me, lost, lost snake, snake