border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > General Python Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-12, 11:28 PM   #1
daaniellew

scale rot issue, please help

I'm almost positive my ball python has scale rot. I had been washing him in the solution that websites say to use but it has gotten worse. I had removed everything from his cage and he was crawling on paper towels. I'm trying to avoid taking him to the vet so is there anything else I can do for him? Will he shed all this away on his next shed? Please help.

Pictures:
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/.../scalerot2.jpg
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/...w/scalerot.jpg
Login to remove ads
Old 08-21-12, 02:20 AM   #2
Rogue628

Send a message via Skype™ to Rogue628
Re: scale rot issue, please help

Hello and welcome to the forum. I tried the picture links but they didn't work for me. Says image not found. If you can fix those so we can view them, we'd be happy to help.
0.1.1 '11 Normal Royal Pythons 0.2 '11 Albino Burms 0.2 Rescue Dumeril's Boas (approx 4yrs old) 0.1 '11 Colombian Boa (BCI) 0.1 '11 Cali King 0.1.0 JCP 0.1 '12 borneo 1.0 rose hair T 1.0 cat 1.1 Kids 1.0 Boyfriend
Old 08-21-12, 07:30 AM   #3
shaunyboy
slainte mhath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue628 View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum. I tried the picture links but they didn't work for me. Says image not found. If you can fix those so we can view them, we'd be happy to help.
^^^^^
same here

just says page not found when i click the pic link

when using photobucket its the " image code " i click on to post the pictures

cheers shaun
Old 08-21-12, 07:49 AM   #4
Wildside

Why are you trying to avoid taking him to the vet? Money? Availability? Just don't want to?

Unfortunately if you've been home-treating and the BP's condition isn't getting better you're probably gonna need the help of a professional.
Old 08-21-12, 08:32 AM   #5
BarelyBreathing
Varanus Queen

What solution are you talking about?
Login to remove ads
Old 08-21-12, 11:01 AM   #6
Hurrok

Welcome. I hope you the solution you are talking about is Betadine Solution...Basically you want to soak him in a small tub with that solution mixed with water (basically so it looks like tea). You also want to treat the items in the enclosure as well if you have any in there. (Including the water dish).

You should also use an ointment once he has dried off on paper towel. I've used Triple Antibiotic Ointment Vitamin E Enriched from Walmart (generic brand where the polysporin is in the Pharmacy dept.) which works well. You have to make sure that you cover all of the scales with it to be effective and done every day.

Your snake will shed more often to try and get rid of the rot but without treatment it will get worse, and it will not become fully healed in one shed it takes multiple sheds and could still end up being a scar for some time. Pictures should be provided properly so we can see them to evaluate how severe it is. If it is then a vet trip should be taken.
1.0 Spider BP // 1.1 Pewter BP // 0.1 Pastel BP // 1.0 Lesser BP //0.1 Mojave BP // 1.0 Mojave Champagne BP // 1.0 Het Pied BP // 0.1 Phantom BP // 0.1 Western Hognose // 1.0 Cinny Sugar BP // 0.1 'Normal' BP // 0.1 Corn // 0.1 G. Rosea
Closed Thread

Tags
ball python help, infection, scale rot, shedding