border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-17, 10:01 PM   #1
BrookeT

Question Ball python hiding under water bowl?

So my female juvenile ball python has been hiding under her water bowl recently. I've had her about a month and a half and she's been doing this for about a week now. She has the back of her tank blacked out, 3 hides and a climbing log as well as some vines that go around the log, and on the sides of the habitat so she feels a bit safer. I have read that they do this when they feel scared. Typically the person asking usually only has one hide, I have 3, one on the cool, one on the warm and one inbetween. Her temperatures are all within range except for when she goes under the darn water bowl! She stays there until I get her out and she becomes ice cold! Can anyone tell me what's going on here or help me trouble shoot?
Login to remove ads
Old 08-12-17, 10:44 PM   #2
dannybgoode

Re: Ball python hiding under water bowl?

She knows where she likes to be - just leave her to it would be my advice. My dwarf retic likes to hide under his bowl also - I let him get on with it...
0.1 B imperator, 1.0 M spilota harrisoni, 1.0 C hortulanus, 2.1 P reticulatus (Madu locality), 1.1 S amethystine, 1.1 L olivaceous, 1.0 C angulifer, 1.0 Z persicus, 0.1 P regius, 0.1 N natrix, 0.1 E climacophora, 1.0 P obsoletus, 0.1 L geluta nigrtia, 1.0 P catenifer sayi, 1.0 T lepidus
Old 08-13-17, 12:03 AM   #3
Albert Clark

That all sounds relative and I would think the humidity is higher under the water bowl. That may be what the python is seeking. Ball pythons are notorious for getting into very tight spaces and then setting up camp there. Other possibilities is a ensuing shed cycle, more security.
Old 08-13-17, 03:06 AM   #4
TeamSlitherin

Send a message via AIM to TeamSlitherin

My Dumeril's goes through phases where she hides under her water bowl more than any of her hides. I wouldn't worry.
Closed Thread

Tags
ball python angry, ball python care, ball python help