border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Food For Thought Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-19, 11:50 AM   #1
Shauna0522

Send a message via MSN to Shauna0522 Send a message via Yahoo to Shauna0522
Question Best place to purchase?

[COLOR="black"][/COLOR
Hi everyone it has been a long time since I have been here. I was hoping to find a good place to purchase some mice and rats for my new girl. I recently purchased a beautiful girl from cliff at living gems. I want to try to find the best feeders for her so I know she is getting the best nutrition available. I would love some advice on where to get them. Thank you in advance! 😎
Old 07-09-19, 12:24 PM   #2
craigafrechette

Re: Best place to purchase?

Cliff is an awesome guy. I was working with him to obtain one of his BRBs, but I ended up going another route.

I buy my prey from Perfect Prey. They've always got great quality product, fair prices, fantastic shipping/packaging and awesome customer service.
Old 07-10-19, 06:28 AM   #3
Scubadiver59

I use Perfect Prey (FL) for most of my feeders but I have also used Layne Labs (CA). For quail chicks I use South Florida Rodents. I am ordering small rats from SFR this time around since PP was out of them so I'll find out what theirs are like in comparison.
Old 07-10-19, 11:57 PM   #4
Shauna0522

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
Cliff is an awesome guy. I was working with him to obtain one of his BRBs, but I ended up going another route.

I buy my prey from Perfect Prey. They've always got great quality product, fair prices, fantastic shipping/packaging and awesome customer service.
Yeah he was amazing through the whole process I'm really glad I went with him. Thank you for the recommendation.
Old 07-10-19, 11:57 PM   #5
Shauna0522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubadiver59 View Post
I use Perfect Prey (FL) for most of my feeders but I have also used Layne Labs (CA). For quail chicks I use South Florida Rodents. I am ordering small rats from SFR this time around since PP was out of them so I'll find out what theirs are like in comparison.
Thank you I will check them out.
Old 07-11-19, 12:12 AM   #6
toddnbecka

I raise my own rats and mice, but I get frozen quail and chicks from rodentpro.com. I used to buy rodents from them as well. If you're only looking for food for a single snake you could look around locally for someone who raises their own, and (like me) ends up producing more than they need.
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Old 07-11-19, 02:44 PM   #7
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

I prefer Perfect Prey.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Closed Thread