border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-21, 05:44 AM   #1
Newtot

Exclamation RHP help!!!

Yall i am so confused!!!!! I have a diy enclosure for my boa. I got the rhp from pro products, they said it would work fine with my thermostat. Anyhow. I had the probe set mid way down the wall under the panel. Set it to 90, the thermostat stays on constantly and is only getting to 85. What im i doing wrong? The thermostat works because i used it on her other cage for a heat mat. Im thinking i may need to switch it out for the exo terra pulse proportional one i have instead.
Login to remove ads
Old 01-27-21, 05:45 AM   #2
Newtot

Re: RHP help!!!

Also the thermostat is rated for 1000 watscand the rhp is only 60
Old 01-27-21, 10:23 AM   #3
Herpin' Man

If it's on constantly and isn't getting warm enough, offhand I'd say that you need a higher wattage panel.
What happens when you set the thermostat for 95?
Old 01-27-21, 08:50 PM   #4
Newtot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpin' Man View Post
If it's on constantly and isn't getting warm enough, offhand I'd say that you need a higher wattage panel.
What happens when you set the thermostat for 95?
Well i think i finally figured it out. Pro products recommend this size panel for my enclosure and home temps. I switched out to a different thermostat. set the temp to 83 on the cool side and so thats putting my hot side temps at 84 or so on the ground and a basking spot of 90. Cool sode is measuring 82. This is how i was told to set it up. I know the panel is big enough bc we plugged it in without a thermostat with no boa inside and it got real hot in there lol
Closed Thread