border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > sSNAKESs.com Forums > HOWTO: Use the forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-03, 06:52 PM   #1
sSNAKESs.com

Post HOWTO: Post a picture from the gallery.

1> Upload your picture(s) to the galleries.
2> Select the picture you wish to post and open it.
3> Right click on the picture with your mouse.
4> Go to properties.
5> Highlight the adress with your left mouse button.
6> Hit the CTRL and C button together. The picture path is now saved.
7> Create a new thread where you would like to display the picture.
8> When you are making your thread you will see a IMG button above the color bar. Click that button.
9> In the new box hit CTRL and V button together and it will paste the path to your image.

TIP: To post more then one pic in a thread, its easier if you have 2 browser windows open. That way you can upload and cut in one window and paste it into your new thread or reply thread in the other.
Login to remove ads
Old 01-01-03, 10:36 PM   #2
Them and Us

Send a message via ICQ to Them and Us Send a message via AIM to Them and Us
i never even noticed the button. i always just manually type the "[img]" and "[/img]". very cool now that i know that.
Old 01-02-03, 02:42 AM   #3
Lisa

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
You forgot to tell people how they can get more space in their photo accounts

May you live in interesting times.
Old 01-02-03, 08:34 AM   #4
Shauna

Send a message via MSN to Shauna
Thumbs up

Hey thanks Jeff,
I have been needing this for weeks, to all those very patient members that have been trying to explain this for weeks, thankyou!!!!!!
Old 01-04-03, 11:29 AM   #5
dave

how do you post if the pic you want isnt in the gallary?
Old 01-04-03, 07:56 PM   #6
sSNAKESs.com

Dave, just click the IMG button in your post and then enter the path to the picture
Old 06-18-03, 12:44 PM   #7
SCReptiles

Does the picture necessarily have to stored on your galleries? Can I follow that process and add a photo already stored on the web space for my own website?
www.SCReptiles.com 2.2 Crotalus adamanteus. 2.2 Crotalus h. atricaudatus. 2.2 Crotalus h. horridus. 1.1 Agkistrodon p. piscivorus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. contortrix. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. mokasen. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. laticinctus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. pictigaster. Agkistrodon c. phaeogaster. 1.2 Sistrurus miliarius barbouri. 1.1 Micrurus fulvius. 0.0.1 Micrurus fulvius tenere
Old 06-18-03, 01:07 PM   #8
Linds
Former Moderator no longer active

Yes you can do that as well, just so long as the place your photo is hosted allows it. Many sites such as geocities, webshots, etc. do not allow this, hence it shows up as a little red "x" when people try.
Old 06-19-03, 02:30 PM   #9
SCReptiles

My site evidently allows me to share the photos. I posted 3 as a test at http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/showt...threadid=18317 and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for the info.
www.SCReptiles.com 2.2 Crotalus adamanteus. 2.2 Crotalus h. atricaudatus. 2.2 Crotalus h. horridus. 1.1 Agkistrodon p. piscivorus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. contortrix. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. mokasen. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. laticinctus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. pictigaster. Agkistrodon c. phaeogaster. 1.2 Sistrurus miliarius barbouri. 1.1 Micrurus fulvius. 0.0.1 Micrurus fulvius tenere
Old 10-12-03, 08:14 AM   #10
bytheshore1

i guess i'm a dummy. i hit the control and c but the path is not transferred when i control v. the picture does not post. im confused
Old 10-14-03, 08:34 PM   #11
Lisa

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Are you highlighting the path first?

May you live in interesting times.
Old 10-14-03, 08:38 PM   #12
Zoe

Send a message via MSN to Zoe
My computer used to do that... You might want to highlight the pic url, right-click and select copy over the highlighted part instead of just pressing ctrl C.

Zoe
Old 06-02-04, 04:44 PM   #13
Borneoblood151

Send a message via AIM to Borneoblood151 Send a message via Yahoo to Borneoblood151
Hey,
Where is the gallery link located. If I am posting a picture, say into an already started thread, there is no link to point me to the gallery, unless I click on the camera icon on my reply. However, if I don't have a reply already in the thread, there is no way to find the gallery otherwise.
-Angel
Old 01-14-05, 06:13 PM   #14
C.ADAMANTEUS

OK, I've tried it every step as listed above, and have NO success.
Others have had success posting MY pics for ME (thanks Matt, and Vengeance), but I still have no luck.
Matt says Im not copying the complete URL, But Im Copying all that I can see. Every character.
Have tried even duplicating the path listed for the successful posts, but I still get a red X when I do it.
Maybe I should have gotten this computor YEARS ago instead of last year. HA HA
Still gotta lot to learn.
Any More advice? Got lots of pics, and would love to share them with Everyone, But dont really want someone else to post them for me every time.................Rick
Old 01-14-05, 06:15 PM   #15
HeatherRose

Send a message via MSN to HeatherRose
When you highlight the URL, does it end with a file extension? (.jpg etc) It should. Move your cursor ALL the way to the right as you highlight to be sure, see if there's anymore of the URL that just doesn't fit in the box and is hidden...

Good luck...
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread