sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Elaphe Guttata Guttata

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-04, 01:42 PM   #1
oscar

Send a message via MSN to oscar Send a message via Yahoo to oscar
Question Florescent morphs

these are the morphs that got me interested in corns as i was a lizard guy only before. i just picked up a coastal cal king and a albino sonoran gopher, but havent gotten this one yet. all i've seen are the babies and they look brilliant. a discussion with my wife brought this question..... what do they look like as adults? does anyone have any or know of any pics of adults that i could see?
Login to remove ads
Old 09-15-04, 01:59 PM   #2
Simon

I'll try to post some pics for you when I get back home later tonight
but to be honest these are just regular amels that are selectively bred for bright orange
this line came from Rich Zuchowski~
Old 09-16-04, 10:40 AM   #3
oscar

i knew there werent really diff than the typical amels genetically speaking, but i am very attracted to the colors and the contrasts. the reason i ask is that i know most snakes lose their brilliance as they age and was wondering if it was worth getting one if thats my attraction to them.
thanks.
1.0.5 Crested Gecko - 0.1 Chinese Cave Gecko - 0.1 Leopard Gecko - 1.1 Mossy Leaftail Gecko - 0.0.1 Cat Gecko - 1.0. Rhacodactylus Leachianus - 1.1 Western Banded Gecko - 1.1 Viper Gecko - 1.0 African Clawed Gecko - 0.1 Albino Sonoran Gopher Snake - 1.0 Coastal California King - 0.0.1 Western Hognose - 0.1 Licorice Stick Ratsnake - 1.0 Blizzard Cornsnake - 0.1 Grayband Kingsnake
Old 09-16-04, 11:06 AM   #4
vanderkm

Although all corns tend to lose some brilliance as they age, those that are flourescent orange will still be dramatic snakes as adults - but I would be careful to choose one from parents that show the brilliant colors - any breeder you buy from should be willing to share photos of the parents of hatchlings and allow you to make your decisions based on those. This is not a variety that we own, but check Serpenco web sites for photos of adults at http://www.serpenco.com/shop/custome...112c51bf3d7e20

mary v.
Old 09-16-04, 11:52 AM   #5
oscar

thanks for the link. i hadnt seen these pics. they definately arent as stunning as some of the babies i've seen, but still are very bright.
1.0.5 Crested Gecko - 0.1 Chinese Cave Gecko - 0.1 Leopard Gecko - 1.1 Mossy Leaftail Gecko - 0.0.1 Cat Gecko - 1.0. Rhacodactylus Leachianus - 1.1 Western Banded Gecko - 1.1 Viper Gecko - 1.0 African Clawed Gecko - 0.1 Albino Sonoran Gopher Snake - 1.0 Coastal California King - 0.0.1 Western Hognose - 0.1 Licorice Stick Ratsnake - 1.0 Blizzard Cornsnake - 0.1 Grayband Kingsnake
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread