sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Elaphe Guttata Guttata

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-22, 10:13 AM   #1
ThatOneSpazz2

Exclamation Baby Refusing Food, Help!

So, to preface:

Sunny has already eaten two meals for me. The first one went without a hitch, second one she got mad at but still ate.

Since she shed two weeks ago though, she has refused to eat for me.
She is a tiny little hatchling corn, so I know for a fact even ONE week without food is a no-no, but so far I have tried quite a few things with no luck!

- I simply put her in a small container with the meal and left her for a few hours. That did not work.
- I annoyed her with it by constantly, gently poking and touching her with it in hopes she'd do a repeat of the second feeding: strike it, then go "oh it's food!" and eat it. That also didn't work.
- Today I attempted to carefully assist feed her, kind of? (Gently held her just behind the head and kept poking her mouth with it to try and get her to bite and hold it.) ...That also didn't work.

As of now, I have "bleed" the pinky/squeezed a tiny bit of brain matter out of the head, and simply left it in the cage with her in front of the hide she's in, to which I will wait a few hours.
If this doesn't work though, what on earth should I do other than take her to a vet??

She was eating for me just fine before she shed, had a perfect shed, but now refuses to eat.
I have researched it, tried a few of the tried-and-true methods to get her to eat, and am getting nowhere! I am stumped!

-- She isn't underweight thankfully. She's a healthy little baby noodle. But again: Baby noodle. I don't want her going too long without eating!

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!