border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Elaphe Guttata Guttata

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-21, 08:52 PM   #1
ThatOneSpazz2

Talking New Noodly Clan Member!

After some time of having no noodles in my care due to...Unpleasant circumstances. And moving. And hectic life and ahg. I have a new noodle baby again!

sunny----new-corn-snake.jpg
Meet Sunny, my baby corn snake!
She is an adorable, inquisitive, squirmy and spunky little lady, and I love everything about her~

She's been here a few days now, and has already settled in quite nicely! She's a wiggler, but hasn't musked or bitten or anything! She calms down pretty fast after being picked up, too~ I'm still giving her a full week or so before I try and feed her and really get into handling though, just in case.
Now I did get her from Petsmart...The story behind her is in another more recent thread of mine.
Basically: Family went out to get cat food. I was bummed after loosing my frog...Then saw her. Freaked because she was gorgeous, and brought her home. There ya go~

Now I obviously know she's an albino-- or an "anery" as more seasoned snake people call the genes, morphs and whatnot, but...
CLEARLY from what you can see already, she's not just an albino. I know what normal corns look like with no other outside morphs that change their pattern...She does not look like a normal albino corn.
She is absolutely gorgeous and I love her, but her morph is eluding me, so I'd like some help in figuring it out.

Here's two more pictures to hopefully better show her pattern:
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

I'm thinking either some form of the Stripe Morph, Okeetee or maybe a Tessera? But these are some serious guesses-- I researched, but I am in no way good with morphs, so I have no idea.
Any seasoned breeders or keepers know??

I appreciate the help in figuring out her morph!

Toodles folks, and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-21-21, 09:07 PM   #2
poison123

Re: New Noodly Clan Member!

Hello, very beautiful corn snake. As for the morphs you already figured it was an albino of some sort. As for the patterning the two that I am aware of the cause striping like this are tesseras and motley I believe tesseras more commonly have dorsal stripes. Oketee is a color mutation to the best of my knowledge.
Old 12-21-21, 09:11 PM   #3
ThatOneSpazz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison123 View Post
Hello, very beautiful corn snake. As for the morphs you already figured it was an albino of some sort. As for the patterning the two that I am aware of the cause striping like this are tesseras and motley I believe tesseras more commonly have dorsal stripes. Oketee is a color mutation to the best of my knowledge.
Oooh ok, I thought it was a pattern morph, my bad!
I did see there was a "reverse okeetee tessera" and so far that seems like the mosty likely one-- the other two as said do have lots of smaller spots and things.

It's crazy to think I found such a beautiful morph in Petsmart!
I can only imagine it was fated of some kind, hehe~
Old 12-21-21, 09:19 PM   #4
poison123

Ok reverse okeetee tessera has me a bit confused. I've had okeetees and they were not a form of albinos but looks like reverse okeetee tesseras are. Wonder why they decided to go with that name. I don't really do morphs its too much to keep up with lol.
Old 12-21-21, 09:30 PM   #5
ThatOneSpazz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison123 View Post
Ok reverse okeetee tessera has me a bit confused. I've had okeetees and they were not a form of albinos but looks like reverse okeetee tesseras are. Wonder why they decided to go with that name. I don't really do morphs its too much to keep up with lol.
Saaame, I just looked up various albino morph combos on morphmarket, then used google to narrow my search to something that looked close to what she does.
Reverse, or extreme reverse okeetee tessera is what wound up being it, lol.

Morphs and their combos absolutely destroy my brain when I try to figure them out. Too complicated for me!
Old 12-22-21, 02:05 PM   #6
chairman

Okeetee corn snakes are a line bred/locality morph that results in a normal looking corn with exceptionally wide black bands. When made albino, these exceptionally wide bands become white, making a "reverse" Okeetee.

That really doesn't look like a tessera. A tessera will have little or no pattern on the belly (all white scales).

It looks more like a motley or motley stripe.

Still, a nice looking snake.
Old 12-22-21, 02:36 PM   #7
ThatOneSpazz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman View Post
Okeetee corn snakes are a line bred/locality morph that results in a normal looking corn with exceptionally wide black bands. When made albino, these exceptionally wide bands become white, making a "reverse" Okeetee.

That really doesn't look like a tessera. A tessera will have little or no pattern on the belly (all white scales).

It looks more like a motley or motley stripe.

Still, a nice looking snake.
Your idea is much better than mine!
Like I said, I literally just looked up various albino corn morphs and narrowed it down to the one that looked the most like her, and that's what I got.
I have absolutely no idea otherwise. X'D

Either way, she is absolutely a stunner and I love her!
Old 12-22-21, 05:58 PM   #8
ClockwerkBonnet

Sunny looks so adorable! I can't help you much with the morph question, but I love the patterns.
Old 12-22-21, 06:07 PM   #9
ThatOneSpazz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwerkBonnet View Post
Sunny looks so adorable! I can't help you much with the morph question, but I love the patterns.
Yea, at this point she is either an "Albino Extreme Reverse Okeetee Tessera" or an "Albino Motley Stripe" as those are the most similar looking to her patterning.

Yeees she is absolutely the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen! I was so surprised at how bright her coloring was, as well as that pattern. I just had to have her~
Old 12-24-21, 03:35 PM   #10
ThatOneSpazz2

Re: New Noodly Clan Member - Updated PICS!

WOW ok, so turns out taking pics in broad, early morning daylight is a much better idea than at dusk. Who woulda thought?!

my-little-sunny-.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Based off her absolutely stunning, gorgeous pattern-- which you can now see much easier-- I am leaning a heck of a lot more toward her just being a...Magical...Albino Unicorn Corn Snake. Like.
Holy cow her colors and PATTERN.

I definitely believe I see a lot more motley in her now, but I also kinda see tessera too?? (I mean she has a solid white belly???) I just don't know.
She is my magical albino unicorn snake for all I know, now. XD
I love her regardless~

Figured either way, I'd give this thread some updated pics of her in much better lighting...If anything, I just love her and want to flaunt her awesomeness, LOL.

Happy Holidays, and Merry Christmas everyone!! <3
Old 12-25-21, 06:06 PM   #11
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

I dig corn snakes. Nice looking one too.
Old 12-25-21, 07:30 PM   #12
ThatOneSpazz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post
I dig corn snakes. Nice looking one too.
Yep, she's a stunner! I can't wait to see how the colors and pattern end up as she grows.
Old 12-26-21, 10:25 PM   #13
chairman

The snake isn't a reverse Okeetee. I looked into things a little more and I think your snake is an albino that is a "super" motley. That means it inherited motley from both parents. This genetic combination typically results in odd stripey results.

The colors aren't going to change all that much, but still, I like albino corns. I also like stripes. And motleys, for that matter.
Old 12-27-21, 05:35 AM   #14
ThatOneSpazz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman View Post
The snake isn't a reverse Okeetee. I looked into things a little more and I think your snake is an albino that is a "super" motley. That means it inherited motley from both parents. This genetic combination typically results in odd stripey results.

The colors aren't going to change all that much, but still, I like albino corns. I also like stripes. And motleys, for that matter.
Aaah I see! I honestly forgot "super" morphs were even a thing. That makes sense!
Thanks for the morph help~
And if that's truly the case with those colors...Oooooh boy. She's gonna be a BRIGHT girl! Awesome!

Tags
albino, baby, corn snake, sunny