Closed Thread

Old 01-17-12, 03:14 PM   #76
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

Re: At a loss for words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykee View Post
Bingo!!!
Knew I'd get to the bottom of this if I asked the right question.
It's all about You You You and keeping your big species when you head south next year.
Ulterior motive uncovered.
I've never hidden it, everyone knows, I AM moving south next year.
Even if I wasn't I'd still fight because every vote does count, and I dont only care about me.
Old 01-17-12, 03:16 PM   #77
Kayla90

Send a message via Skype™ to Kayla90

Wow really? That's a year from now "Mykee".. He's been up all night speaking with loads of people trying to help out his friends.. You must be one of the most SELFISH people I've ever spoken too.. and I've met a ton of selfish people so that just goes to show how SAD it must be to be you! I almost feel sorry for you.. but not really. You enjoy being by yourself and caring for yourself.. and why don't you do the rest of us, who actually care, and just stick to you, you and you! No one here needs to listen to your negativity..
Old 01-17-12, 03:19 PM   #78
Rogue628

Send a message via Skype™ to Rogue628
Re: Read this now!

I made the phone call. I found it frustrating that the woman who answered the phone just took what I said with a grain of salt, although she said it would be noted.....are they actually keeping tabs on who is calling in? How many times can I call from various numbers with fake names?

Still working on the email. I'm brain dead and find it hard to concentrate
0.1.1 '11 Normal Royal Pythons 0.2 '11 Albino Burms 0.2 Rescue Dumeril's Boas (approx 4yrs old) 0.1 '11 Colombian Boa (BCI) 0.1 '11 Cali King 0.1.0 JCP 0.1 '12 borneo 1.0 rose hair T 1.0 cat 1.1 Kids 1.0 Boyfriend
Old 01-17-12, 03:21 PM   #79
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

It's unfortunately to be expected. Keep at it!
Old 01-17-12, 03:22 PM   #80
alessia55
Retired Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alessia55

The ban does not involve me, technically, since I do not own any of the species on the ban. I'm not a huge part of the reptile community, I don't know many reptile keepers in person (actually, I only know 3: my cousin, a friend here in Philly, and a friend in Miami). Yet I'm fighting for this ban to be lifted because it matters to other reptile owners- most of which I've never met. The ban doesn't concern me or my cousin, strictly speaking since we own ball pythons and a kingsnake, but I still wrote to every governor, senator, and representative that I could get a hold of. In fact, since I never plan on owning anything but ball pythons, the ban shouldn't bother me unless it starts to turn towards banning ball pythons, right? Not the case. I care because it matters to other people. Mykee, I don't think the way you say everyone else does ("me me me"). And I get the feeling that Stephan would still be fighting for us here in the states even if he wasn't planning on moving here.
Login to remove ads
Old 01-17-12, 03:22 PM   #81
CK SandBoas
queen of the Chicken Dance

Send a message via Yahoo to CK SandBoas

I truly wished more would show the passion and intensity that Stephan has shown spreading the word about this ongoing battle. I will fight for not only my right to keep my animals, but for others to be able to keep and breed theirs. We need more people like Stephan, not others who just lay down and die when the going gets tough, and say Oh well, too bad.

Old 01-17-12, 03:23 PM   #82
mykee
Super Genius

What a surprise! the GF comes to Stephans aid.
You two have no clue as to how large a role I play in the reptile community here in Canada, or more specifically Southern Ontario (where 90% of reptile owners in Canada reside).
Being an active member BTW doesn't mean sitting in front of your computer 18 hours a day amassing over 6000 posts in ten months.
That's just sad.
And a little pathetic.

Where were you Stephan when the ban was going on in BC?
Nowhere.
No horse in the race...

KK and Alessia; more power to you. The communitty in general needs more members like you. If it had members who cared the way you two (Stephan too) it wouldn't be in the position it's in now. Too many people care too little.
Old 01-17-12, 03:27 PM   #83
alessia55
Retired Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alessia55

I'd like to add:

I also fight to lift the ban of pit bulls in different areas and states across the country... despite the fact that I do not (and never have) owned a pit bull. It's about caring about the species at a whole and the people who share the love for animals-- whether it be dogs, cats, birds, snakes, porcupines, you name it. I'm a big animal lover, and though I've never had any reason to fight for the survival of the florida panthers, pit bulls, sea turtles, burmese pythons, rock pythons, and yellow anacondas, I still do because the animals matter, and they matter to people, and I care. When it comes to this reptile ban, I'm involved mostly because it matters to people I've NEVER MET (most of you on this forum).
Old 01-17-12, 03:28 PM   #84
Kayla90

GF?? I'm not his girlfriend.. Unless of course GF stands for something else?

Oh and we do have a clue about "how large a role you play" but apparently you don't really give a **** so what use are you. Clearly you aren't doing much to help out anyone other than yourself and sitting at home bringing in your income from you "presious" animals you apparently could careless for.
Old 01-17-12, 03:28 PM   #85
BarelyBreathing
Varanus Queen

Wow, Mykee. This is completely uncalled for.
Login to remove ads
Old 01-17-12, 03:29 PM   #86
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykee View Post
What a surprise! the GF comes to Stephans aid.
You two have no clue as to how large a role I play in the reptile community here in Canada, or more specifically Southern Ontario (where 90% of reptile owners in Canada reside).
Being an active member BTW doesn't mean sitting in front of your computer 18 hours a day amassing over 6000 posts in ten months.
That's just sad.
And a little pathetic.

Where were you Stephan when the ban was going on in BC?
Nowhere.
No horse in the race...
First of all, Kayla is NOT my girlfriend, she is my roommate, my fiancee recently DIED and I have absolutely NO interest in dating right now.

I spent most of 2009 in the hospital, same with 2008 and the later part of 2010 from various injuries. And YES I did fight that ban, not even close to as hard as I would have liked but I was in pretty terrible mental and physical shape at the time.
Old 01-17-12, 03:29 PM   #87
millertime89
Forum Moderator

Piss off mikey, there are ways to contribute when not living in the country as Stephan is demonstrating. I've contributed, I'm spreading the word, sending emails, making phone calls, talking to people, but it just isn't enough. If you wanted you could do the same. Yes we're looking out for our own interests, but if you helped now, we would return the favor when asked.
Old 01-17-12, 03:30 PM   #88
RandyRhoads
Service Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theapexgerman View Post
police has very little power if you think bout it reason I'm becoming one is the pay increase and to prove my dad wrong
That may possibly be the worst reason i've ever heard. Did you never grow out of that rebellious faze ?
Old 01-17-12, 03:32 PM   #89
theapexgerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla90 View Post
GF?? I'm not his girlfriend.. Unless of course GF stands for something else?

Oh and we do have a clue about "how large a role you play" but apparently you don't really give a **** so what use are you. Clearly you aren't doing much to help out anyone other than yourself and sitting at home bringing in your income from you "presious" animals you apparently could careless for.
GF could also mean good friend altho i don't think that's what he meant
Old 01-17-12, 03:34 PM   #90
Kayla90

And like you say Mykee, if you are such a big part of the reptile community.. Imagine the help you could ACTUALLY offer if you gave two shits. Funny, it's people like you that take from away from people that actually care. It's people like you that bills pass because they "clearly" don't affect you. Well guess what, next they be banning ball pythons and see how much money you'll be making when it's illegal in Canada for you to sell them!
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread