sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-12, 12:23 PM   #31
marvelfreak
Captain America

Re: At a loss for words...

Just caught the tail end of a news report on it. If you currently own one of them you will be able to keep them. That good because they would have to kill me before i would give up my Yellow Anaconda. So i figure i got about a month to try and get a Granite Burm. lol
Old 01-17-12, 12:24 PM   #32
theapexgerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakefood View Post
maybe it's time for those who keep their large species properly to get THAT out there!! call the community interest branch of the local news and see if they'll come out and do a POSITIVE news story.

I find this to be the exact same fight as breed banning with regards to dogs. There is so much BAD PRESS out there, those of you who love the big snakes must find ways to get the GOOD PRESS out there too!!

I'd do it, but I don't think me and my 4' cornsnake will make the right impression!!!
my 5' bull snake would most likely he's pretty big XD but other than that i got no big snake's
Old 01-17-12, 12:30 PM   #33
BarelyBreathing
Varanus Queen

I've done news shows before. I actually went in with one of the rescues I volunteer at and we brought in a big one eyed burm, a couple of boas, a bearded dragon, and a medium sized tortoise. The camera man adopted the bearded dragon for his kid(s) on the spot.
Old 01-17-12, 12:32 PM   #34
Rogue628

Send a message via Skype™ to Rogue628

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelfreak View Post
Just caught the tail end of a news report on it. If you currently own one of them you will be able to keep them. That good because they would have to kill me before i would give up my Yellow Anaconda. So i figure i got about a month to try and get a Granite Burm. lol

I'd love to have a T+ burm but there's no way I can get the funds to get one right now. At least I have my albino burms. And I'm saving every little bit possible for a purple albino retic before they get banned too.
0.1.1 '11 Normal Royal Pythons 0.2 '11 Albino Burms 0.2 Rescue Dumeril's Boas (approx 4yrs old) 0.1 '11 Colombian Boa (BCI) 0.1 '11 Cali King 0.1.0 JCP 0.1 '12 borneo 1.0 rose hair T 1.0 cat 1.1 Kids 1.0 Boyfriend
Old 01-17-12, 12:38 PM   #35
Snakefood
mamma bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarelyBreathing View Post
I've done news shows before. I actually went in with one of the rescues I volunteer at and we brought in a big one eyed burm, a couple of boas, a bearded dragon, and a medium sized tortoise. The camera man adopted the bearded dragon for his kid(s) on the spot.

AND, you converted at least one mind that day.......progress is progress, even when it's slow
Old 01-17-12, 12:48 PM   #36
alessia55
Retired Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alessia55

Quote:
What if you currently own a burm and need to move to a different state? Does that mean you wouldn't be able to move your snake with you??
Old 01-17-12, 12:50 PM   #37
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

Quote:
Best of luck man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarelyBreathing View Post
Can't complain with that. How was the show itself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakefood View Post
AND, you converted at least one mind that day.......progress is progress, even when it's slow
Darn tootin'
Old 01-17-12, 12:55 PM   #38
Strutter769
Boa Boy Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alessia55 View Post
What if you currently own a burm and need to move to a different state? Does that mean you wouldn't be able to move your snake with you??
That's a great question I would be interested in solving, since the Mrs. & I are looking to move out-of-state in the next couple years and of course I have Lucy (BCI) to worry about.

We were hoping to move to someplace more animal-friendly. By then, the only place that'll fit that description will be Brazil! (Oh wait, that wouldn't be too bad..)
"The question is do we allow the government to take our property rights away from us based on unfounded manipulations from a special interest group?" ~ Erika N. Chen-Walsh, President, U.S. Help Alliance
Old 01-17-12, 12:57 PM   #39
RandyRhoads
Service Veteran

Re: $%## this Roony *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanbakir View Post
. They had 2 major options, 1 where you killed the animal then turned it in, and another where you handed off the live animal to them where they then turned it in for research.
Turning it in, that's no fun. Not much push for average people to go hunt them. A nice 20 foot burm skin for a jacket on the other hand, oh yeah.
Old 01-17-12, 12:59 PM   #40
BarelyBreathing
Varanus Queen

It depends on the show. One show had this ghetto woman news anchor and the whole show was spent laughing at her. The other one went really well. Everybody was handling the animals. There were crew lining up after the segment to hold them. It was great.
Login to remove ads
Old 01-17-12, 01:25 PM   #41
mykee
Super Genius

Apathy at it's best... Got what they deserved IMO.
Old 01-17-12, 01:26 PM   #42
mykee
Super Genius

Oh well...
Old 01-17-12, 01:35 PM   #43
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykee View Post
Oh well...
If I was sure of what you meant I'd be exploding right now... hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 01-17-12, 01:40 PM   #44
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strutter769 View Post
That's a great question I would be interested in solving, since the Mrs. & I are looking to move out-of-state in the next couple years and of course I have Lucy (BCI) to worry about.

We were hoping to move to someplace more animal-friendly. By then, the only place that'll fit that description will be Brazil! (Oh wait, that wouldn't be too bad..)
Boas are on the new list that Rooney is proposing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykee View Post
Apathy at it's best... Got what they deserved IMO.
Firstly mikey.. yeah.. those idiots got what they deserved...
More importantly, the people who are passionate about their animals and actually give a **** just got slapped in the face... I know a few people who I greatly respect who are in tears right now...
Your attitude towards this matter has eradicated any sliver of desire to meet you, or speak to you in the future. You've always been cold to people, on here, RC and a few other forums but never an ***... and the information you've given has always been useful, although sometimes in the douchiest way possible...
Old 01-17-12, 01:44 PM   #45
theapexgerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strutter769 View Post

you could always move to phoenix Arizona =D pretty nice state if you don't mind dry heat and 110(f) degrees
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread