border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-10, 07:37 AM   #1
SnakeLady1990

Please Read, idiot burm owner...

Ok, so I was surfing through craigslist and found a very disturbing post. I replied and this post is just going to be a quote for quote talk from the email.

I will start with what the craigslist post said as I know it will be removed soon.

Post to craislist: "i have a 5 ft burmeses i need to get rid of her .she is a nice snake she loves to be held .. the only reason im geting rid of her is because my mom found out i had a snake so she makeing me get rid of ..their is a re homeing fee i only want 80 dallors if intressed plz e-mail me"

Description of photo: It was a normal burm about 5 feet long in a very small tub that would not give it any kind of choice of regulating its temps and was basically lying on top of itself. (I also decided to save the pic to my computer so I can upload it on here)

My email to him was: "Kid, I hope there is more room in that tub than my eyes can see, poor thing, burms need more room than that, and why are you trying to hide a BURM of all things from your mom...why not at least start smaller until you get your own place? Burms need a lot of space and what were you going to do when it got 15+ feet?

If you do not find it a home, I will take him, but I won't pay for him...I am your last minute kind of thing. If you cannot find him a home, email me but I don't pay for my rescues ... he would be taken to the vet which cost me money, then put in a cage, fed at least 6 times, vetted again, then properly rehomed"

His replies (he replied twice to that one email):
1st reply) "Well that wasent his cage . that was a carrying case . his cage is f 5 feet long ., 2 feet wide , and 3 feet tall .. anyways i got rid of him or her r days ago"

2nd Reply) "And dont call me a f**kin kid .. and my mom is never home i only see her for 2 hours then she goes back to her bf house .. and i would never ever give that snake away for free are yu ******** and i sont like small snakes and ik they get that big duh i had a bigger snake before he was 9 ft so ya so get a life and quit wasting my ****in time damn !"

First of all this poor guy cannot spell, 2nd of all he said 'if' they get that big so he obviously does not know how big it is going to get. Third, he got pissed for no reason, and fourth i have no idea what "r days ago" means but since R is next to 4 and 5 I am guessing that is the answer?

My response: "I am not the ******, if ur not a kid then y u live w/ ur mom?"

His reply (still makes me laugh): "Bc im still in high school duh"

My reply (and I have not heard anything since then): "You are a kid until you live on your own. That being said I was a kid until I was 17 and had my own place, two jobs and still in high school... I was not asking for a free snake either, I would have spent about $200 on him to get him a vet checkup, micro chipped, sexed and then another $1,000 for a cage.

It's reasons like this that they want to ban all large pythons from the united states...and why they keep trying to take them away...because people get them and end up in a situation where they are unable to care for them anymore...and then when the person is not able to find it a new home, it ends up released in the wild...or the parent that 'didn't know' throws it outside in fury...

I am not saying you would let it loose, but the person who got it from you might after it gets a little bigger and can no longer care for it then they cannot find it a home.

I just ask that you wait until you have your own place, plenty of room, or at least your moms permission Not trying to start a fight so you do not have to be rude.

Just help all us reptile owners out a bit and be a responsible pet owner."

I hope I got SOME sort of message across...ugh, people like this make me so mad!

VVVV Pic of the burm
Login to remove ads
Old 10-08-10, 08:30 AM   #2
infernalis

Re: Please Read, idiot burm owner...

That sort of thing happens every day....

Savannahmonitor.net
Old 10-08-10, 11:22 AM   #3
percey39
Hots Down Under

Far to frequent and the worst part fo me personally is the fact that i would kill to own a burm, retic, green conda and a af rock. People buy these animals on impulse and dont really understand the sizes these guys can and will reach. I hate the fact that people jump so quickly through species or jump straight into advanced animals that require many people to help when dealing with them.
Old 10-08-10, 12:42 PM   #4
Jenn_06

That is sad, thats how i got my burm, some kid try to hide it from his mom lol...of all the snakes why do kids try to hide a burm.
Old 10-08-10, 01:39 PM   #5
presspirate
domi adsum

Send a message via Yahoo to presspirate

I see these ads on CL all of the time, most recently I saw and ad for two juvenile BCI's that lived in a 40 gal. breeder, on and Island surrounded by water. I had to do a double take when I saw water in the bottom of the aquarium, at least 2 inches worth....

"You hold the door open for the world forever you're never gonna get inside"
Keith Malley
Login to remove ads
Old 10-09-10, 04:14 PM   #6
nanna

It is crazy when I was first looking to buy my first snake I choose a ball python I called a lady on cregs list who was selling a male with his complete set up she said he was her sons and the child did not like him. After a few e mails found out that he was in a 10 gallon tank fed in the same tank and was never touched. The lady told me snakes were not ment to be touched. if I was thinking of trying to touch him I could not have him and stopped answering my e mails funny the add was never placed again I have no idea what ever happened to him. I did not know much about them and still knew that was not right.
Old 10-11-10, 03:11 AM   #7
Reptile_Reptile
You can call me JR

His reply (still makes me laugh): "Bc im still in high school duh"

lol that is super funny

he got mad cause you made an assumption about his treatment of a snake he probably loved. and you got irked cause you thought you were right about him and he acted like he didn't care what you thought i don't really care that's just how i analyzed it. assumptions make an *** out of you and me. can never judge a book by its cover..... get it lol. no disrespect though you were probably right about him
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. -John Lennon
Closed Thread