border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Reptile Clubs / Societies > General Information

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-13, 01:34 PM   #16
Donnie

Re: wants to move to states. questions?

If I had the choice of Australia or America it would be Australia for me every time but I have spent more (seen a lot more of) time in Oz then in USA so maybe that's part of my reasons.
Old 09-05-13, 06:51 PM   #17
desipooh.12

Do Not Come to California lol
Its nice for Vacation & site seeing but to expensive
To live!
Old 09-10-13, 06:24 AM   #18
Deva

South Florida has a high cost of living but if you have experience in the hospitality industry I would think it would be easy to get a job here. Winters cannot be beat as far as the weather goes, but summer is miserable.

As long as you are healthy and can stay employed, the U.S. isn't a bad place to be. Otherwise, don't come.
0.0.1 Thayeri Kingsnake, 0.0.1 Tiger Salamander, 5 fire bellied toads, 2 Kweichow Newts, 0.0.1 Red Salamander, 2 fire salamanders, 0.0.1 Loveridge's limbless skink, 1.0 crested gecko,0.0.1 Chahoua Gecko, 3 Pictus Geckos, 1 Velvet Banded gecko, 1.0 dwarf yellow headed gecko, 0.1 cat.
Old 10-04-13, 05:42 AM   #19
lash

thank you all for the information greatly appreciated(sorry don't know how to quote lol) I have decided to stay for now.., but i will probably plan a trip to the states in the near future
Old 10-04-13, 05:44 AM   #20
Starbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deva View Post

As long as you are healthy and can stay employed, the U.S. isn't a bad place to be. Otherwise, don't come.
bahahahahahahahaha BEST. STATEMENT. EVER. very sad that it is true
0.1 Jungle Carpet "Bhageera", 2.0 Corn snakes "Castor & Pollux", 1.1 Cal Kings "Lux & Nyx", 0.1 Honduran Milksnake "Demeter", 0.1 Rosy boa "Neki-monster", 1.0 Axolotl "Grendle", 2 tarantulas, 0.1 Leopard gecko "Remus", and a freezer full of mice (and Rats!)….
Login to remove ads
Old 10-04-13, 07:43 AM   #21
Pareeeee
Forum Moderator

I'd avoid any country that doesn't have a government at the moment.

:O :O :O
Instagram: pareeeee17
Old 10-04-13, 07:48 AM   #22
smy_749

I dont want to insult anyone but really mate, I've been to a few other countries, and I'd really advise you to think about going somewhere else lol
Old 10-04-13, 07:54 AM   #23
Jim Smith

If possible, why not try a visit first. I realize that the cost of travel can be very expensive, but you would learn so much about the different states and what area you'd like to live in (or not) as well as housing costs, employment opportunities etc. I live in Georgia which I find to be a great place to live. Summers are hot, but bearable and winters are mild. Lots of different places to live from Savannah down on the coast to the mountains in North Georgia. Very few restrictions as far as pets go and the cost of living is very reasonable. All that said, I strongly think a visit to the states is in order long before you make a move. Just one man;s opinion.

Jim Smith
Old 10-04-13, 08:04 AM   #24
smy_749

I agree with Jim. Find out where you'd most likely want to live and stay for as long as you can afford to visit. Visiting will change your perspective (for the better or worse) and you if you decide before you leave that you do like it, try to find a job.
Old 10-04-13, 08:32 AM   #25
shaunyboy
slainte mhath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
If I had the choice of Australia or America it would be Australia for me every time but I have spent more (seen a lot more of) time in Oz then in USA so maybe that's part of my reasons.
i would love to have moved to Australia back in the day.....

imo Australia is the best place to live on this planet,you got it good mate

cheers shaun
Old 10-04-13, 10:10 AM   #26
LadyWraith

I agree with others... avoid east and west coast. Midwest is really better for cost efficiency. Hasn't been effected as much by the economic downfalls either. You can generally make enough working one job and actually have free time. On the coasts, if you don't have a lucrative job or come from money, paying the bills requires spending most of your time working. I like the statement about being healthy and able to work... that's pretty much the key. No place is perfect and will meet your needs 100%, but for me personally, I can think of countries that provide more for the type of life I want.

- 1.0 Spider BP (Jax) - 0.1 SSTP (Nik)- 1.0 Salmon BCI (Malcolm)
Old 10-04-13, 02:50 PM   #27
Chris72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
If possible, why not try a visit first. I realize that the cost of travel can be very expensive, but you would learn so much about the different states and what area you'd like to live in (or not) as well as housing costs, employment opportunities etc. I live in Georgia which I find to be a great place to live. Summers are hot, but bearable and winters are mild. Lots of different places to live from Savannah down on the coast to the mountains in North Georgia. Very few restrictions as far as pets go and the cost of living is very reasonable. All that said, I strongly think a visit to the states is in order long before you make a move. Just one man;s opinion.

Jim Smith
Yup,

That's a great idea. That visit should be a 6 or 8 month trip that includes finding work and getting a sense from settling in. My wife tried that in the US right out on Univ and came home after 9 months once she got a feel. (Texas)

On best places to live:
I'm sure every list is different, this is just the first one on a google search I did for best places to live in the world (or something like that)

> as usual various European cities.
> 3 Canadian cities
> 4 Australian cities

I would think long and hard about why you feel like you need to move away from Australia.

Living in North America will not feel the same as a US vacation and certainly not the way it is made out to be on US TV. (1/2 the Americans here have advised you to stay there....that should be enough to keep you there)
Old 10-04-13, 08:25 PM   #28
kick10

Some people might disagree but urban areas are not the way to go, you might get a higher paying job but it is cramped, cost of living is higher, not as much privacy, higher crime rates, etc. Suburbia or rural areas are the way to go imho. You'll get a nicer place and it will generally be more pleasant but again this depends on your desires, opinions, budget, requirements, and every city/town/village/neighborhood/street is different. You just need to find where you fit.
Old 10-04-13, 08:44 PM   #29
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pareeeee View Post
I'd avoid any country that doesn't have a government at the moment.

:O :O :O
Shazzam! Best jab ever!
Old 10-04-13, 09:45 PM   #30
Pareeeee
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post
Shazzam! Best jab ever!
Instagram: pareeeee17
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread