border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Reptile Clubs / Societies > General Information

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-13, 05:13 PM   #1
flamemomma

Anybody know the best place to buy reptiles in PA?

I have googled and Bing-d myself silly trying to find a reptile super store near me. I want to buy a corn snake or ball python (still deciding) in person. I want to see the actual snake and bring it home-instead of having it shipped across the country. What is the deal with SE PA (I live 45 min from Philly or 25 min from Allentown) I can't find a place that specializes in reptiles in my area. I see great places in other states far away...but nothing near me. Can anyone point me in a good direction?
Login to remove ads
Old 07-02-13, 05:48 PM   #2
Amadeus
Banned

Re: Anybody know the best place to buy reptiles in PA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamemomma View Post
I have googled and Bing-d myself silly trying to find a reptile super store near me. I want to buy a corn snake or ball python (still deciding) in person. I want to see the actual snake and bring it home-instead of having it shipped across the country. What is the deal with SE PA (I live 45 min from Philly or 25 min from Allentown) I can't find a place that specializes in reptiles in my area. I see great places in other states far away...but nothing near me. Can anyone point me in a good direction?
Hey, I'm also in southeast pa. There is a reptile expo at the Greater Philadelphia Expo center every other month and one every other month at the Reading Expo center.

Here is their website. East Coast Reptile Super Expos
Old 07-02-13, 05:49 PM   #3
Amadeus
Banned

You can even contact the vendors to make sure they have what you are looking for.
Old 07-02-13, 07:13 PM   #4
flamemomma

I'm planning on going to the Reading one on July 27th. Do u have any recommendations about the vendors that will be there?
Why do you think this area doesn't have the kind of reptile super store (for lack of a better description) that a lot of other cities around the country? Do u think it's a lack of interest? Maybe I should start one. Lol.
Old 07-02-13, 07:19 PM   #5
smy_749

Quote:
I'm planning on going to the Reading one on July 27th. Do u have any recommendations about the vendors that will be there?
Why do you think this area doesn't have the kind of reptile super store (for lack of a better description) that a lot of other cities around the country? Do u think it's a lack of interest? Maybe I should start one. Lol.
They are all in warm weather climates, for the most part. We have a total of 0 superstores in New England (though we have some great breeders/facilities)
Login to remove ads
Old 07-02-13, 09:01 PM   #6
Amadeus
Banned

Quote:
It depends on what you want. The show is mostly balls and cheap monitors. Not much exotic going on. Although glades and pm herps have a good selection.
Old 07-03-13, 07:18 AM   #7
bcr229

Heck with the superstore, look for breeders. I know that Serpent's Den is up that way.
Old 07-03-13, 07:38 AM   #8
Concept9

Take drive up to BHB in Michigan. Nice 10 hour drive and thousands of corn snakes.
Old 07-03-13, 11:03 AM   #9
alessia55
Retired Moderator

Send a message via AIM to alessia55

the Hamburg expo
Closed Thread