border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-04, 02:53 PM   #61
bidden

k Nadia, I think we're missing one little bit of info that's inportant to me at least... who won the silent auction for ICULIZARD??? At least tell me if I didn't.... that way I can put my phone down for now.

"in my opinion it was a success because of it. Success doesn't only mean how many sales you had...it can also mean how many GREAT people you met."

amen Sam!
Old 06-23-04, 08:21 PM   #62
hobotramp

Personally I had a good time. We didn't get any sales, but got to meet some old and new friends. Wish we could have stayed to the end, but I was sick and the drive back to Windsor was NOT fun. Our day started at 2 am with us chasing a baby leo all over the reptile room, then the drive to Newmarket. It was our first show as vendors, but we will definitely be there again next year if Nadia is willing to put one on again.
Considering it was the first one, I think it went well. Live and learn... right. I'm sure some things will be different at the next one and remember... we all love our reptiles and if we support each other this could be just one more annual event for us to all get together at. Looking forward to next year Nadia and I for one think you did a good job organizing this entire thing. Maybe if everyone with complaints helped out it would be even better next year.
Old 06-24-04, 08:48 PM   #63
sevenofthorns

I thought the show was great for a first time event. I've been to other shows that have been established and not seen as many people as we did at this one. Got to meet tons of people, which is always nice....except that Simon guy! I think all the suggestions have pretty much been covered, and it can only get better from here.

I'll be attending the next Newmarket show.
Old 06-25-04, 04:38 PM   #64
damzookeeper

Send a message via MSN to damzookeeper
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Hathaway
Well, for a first show, I thought it went pretty well. We did alright for sales, though a good chunk of it was to other vendors.

Jeff Hathaway
Sciensational Sssnakes!!
Baha! Tell me about it Jeff! Last time I sit beside you!lol. My daughter is one happy little girl though, and I have to say I'm in love with our little Jeffery, the corn snake.
Just for laughs I didn't realize who you were when I bought the snake and we named it before I found out. lol. Jenny seemed to think it was pretty cute. My daughter named her milk 'Sweetie' and has it in her room. Hubby wont go near her room now. lol.
Thanks for the wonderful snakes. I'll post pics later.
Old 06-25-04, 05:43 PM   #65
damzookeeper

I bought more than I sold but that didn't take much since I only sold a couple cage decos. lol. But I had a great time, sat between two great venders and chatted with a few new people. My daughter came with me to this show and she had a blast! She is almost 10. She bought, well I bought, her first snake. Good thing she's a daddy's little girl cuz he is terrified of snakes and she had to call him and beg him for it. lol. She absolutely loves her new pet and sweetie is great with her as well! Jeff, are you sure you packed the right snake? lol.
I was really tempted with Linda's amels but had to be practicle. I spent so much on the expo and went home broke. But it was fun and a great day out. Even though I was sick most of the day. Main thing was that my daughter had a blast and was able to walk aroung without me worrying about where she was at cuz I could see her at all times. lol.
I was asked about auctioning off something as well and I personally thought it was a silly idea, but the silent auction was a good think, I think.
I also got a really nice female (or so we hope) crestie from Hilde and hope she likes my male. Just found out his is a proven boy cuz my girl laid 2 eggs yesterday that was with him. What was I thinking. lol, j/k Hilde, I know he went to a good home and I didn't need any more males.
I think Nadia worked hard to bring this show together and some people expected too much after the pcpc shows, because they are so big and well known. I do agree that there should have been more signs and more advertising but I do know she had it in the local paper as well as a couple forums. I hope it is better next time if there is a next time.

And I can't wait for the next pcpc show. It a long drive for me but having the day off and spending it around all those herps is so worth it! lol.
well, until then...
Login to remove ads
Old 06-25-04, 07:13 PM   #66
bidden

I got it, WOOOHOOOO!!! (I will shut up now about the silent auction )
Old 06-25-04, 08:48 PM   #67
damzookeeper

man, I just re-read my post and I don't know what's wrong with me but my grammar and spelling are terrible today. lol. Sorry about that, guess most people don't care though, as long as it is fairly understandable. Right? Oh well...
Old 06-25-04, 09:01 PM   #68
Simon

Quote:
Originally posted by sevenofthorns
Got to meet tons of people, which is always nice....except that Simon guy!
ahem~~
who kept you company when you were bored?

I am going to get you back with the sanitizer.....
(for those of you who have no idea what I am talking about....this guy that sat right next to me was playing with his bottle of sanitizer and accidently sprayed me with it.....)

But it was definitely nice meeting you and having fun~
but really I might just get you back one day~~ LOL
Closed Thread