border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

Old 10-09-23, 03:46 PM   #1
Eye

Snake nose injury from rubbing.

My snake hurt himself by rubbing so much on the top of the tank. I have cats that have left him alone until last week and I think that may have stressed him out so they're locked out when I'm at work now. His poor little nose looks like it's been rubbed off, and he kept going right to the top where the heat lamp so I think he may have burned it too. Ive since propped it up on rocks so it's not directly on the cage. Do I need to get him to a vet ASAP for antibiotics or will it heal up on its own?

I have a 72"x24x24 PVC enclosure on the way. This tank was always meant to be temporary and he's finally outgrown it big time. He has an extremely healthy appetite I fed him 2 rats a few days apart to get him to relax and that's worked. he's been sleeping off his meal.

He's about 6 ft long with a 10" girth and other than the nose injury he seems very healthy. Has anyone else had a snake that's had this injury? This picture actually looks a little worse than what it really looks like. I don't want to take him out and bug him since he's still digesting.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20231009-174327.png (1.49 MB, 7 views)
Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Login to remove ads
Old 10-10-23, 04:54 PM   #2
Eye

Re: Snake nose injury from rubbing.

Update, today it looks like it's scabbing over and looks like it hasn't gotten worse. I just gotta make sure he stays calm. He's already out for food again... it's only been like 3 days since I fed him. Can't wait to get him in his new home. It'll be a lot less stressful.
Old 10-13-23, 04:14 PM   #3
Eye

It's healing up great and he's fine. I just got scared from reading stuff on the internet, but it's healing up and he's perfectly healthy.
Old 10-29-23, 09:52 AM   #4
Eye

He's doing great. The spot on his nose is healing up, still looks a little rough but it hasn't spread. He seems to really be enjoying his new home. He's only slept inside his house once now, I always find him on top of or beside it. He's drinking water and is appetite is verocious as usual. I've got a divider for the enclosure, so I can open one side, leave the thawed rat on the floor, remove the divider and he will go right up and just start eating! No more strikes on my hand (my fault exclusively).
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20231029-114932.png (1.67 MB, 2 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_20231029-114953.png (521.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-16-23, 12:10 PM   #5
TAlha

I'm glad to hear your snake is doing better and enjoying his new home! It's great that you've found a feeding strategy that works well for both of you. Keep up the good care!
TAlha is offline   Reply With Quote
Login to remove ads

Tags
injury, nose rubbing