border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-18, 03:44 AM   #1
J_Yzzah

I'm concerned about my new snake. HELP!

Hello, my name is Jas. I am from the Philippines. We don't have many snake lovers here, but i have always loved them! Anyway, i just got my third ball python. It's a butter pastel, and she's so beautiful. But, i think she's severely underweight. And i'm scared for her health. She's so thin, and i think she has a mild RI, but there aren't any herp vets here. I have no one to ask because in my city, there aren't really any other people who take care of snakes. I don't know if I can feed her yet cause she won't take anything, but it's understandable since she's in shed. But her scales are different, they're dry and loose.. i'm scared that if i don't take action now, i'll lose her. I got her through an online seller, and when she showed me the snake i didn't know that she would be this thin. She looked fine in pictures.. please help me! I don't know how to put in pictures since i'm new, and i can't upload from my phone..
Login to remove ads
Old 09-26-18, 12:30 PM   #2
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Re: I'm concerned about my new snake. HELP!

Hi Jas. Welcome to the forum. I hope your BP gets better soon. What are your cage temps like? If you think she has an RI I would definitely advise a trip to the vet but if you don't have access to one I'm not sure about any steps you can take at home to cure the RI. Usually they require antibiotics.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Closed Thread

Tags
baby snake, butter pastel, malnourished, respiratory infection, underweight