border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-15, 06:07 PM   #1
Brylee1233

RI Remides!!

I just discovered my BRB is wheezing during his feeding. Last week when I fed him, he was not wheezing, so it's new. I believe this RI is caused by none other than (can you guess it??) lack of humidity!!!!! And this is, of course, MY fault and I take full blame. I changed him to paper towels for outside reasons but I knew it was going to be tricky keeping the humidity up (I have never had the problem before). There was still condensation on the walls of his tub but not as much as there usually was. I now have my humidity system in full swing.

I can't get him out anytime soon because I just fed. I just saw him slithering around the cage a little after I threw his rats in and did not see any open mouth breathing. I did see a half yawn… Then I looked where I put the rats and they were gone! It has been less than…15 mins since I threw 2 rats in. I am not sure if he ate them that quick or if he drug them in his hid….

Anyway, I am kinda frantic now!! I quickly search RI Infections on google and this link popped up and I quickly scanned it. Guide to Home Treatment of Snake Respiratory Infection - *BambooZoo
Is this a reliable way to fix RI?
Should I go to the vet and do the shots or do it at home?
Do I need to just boost the humidity WAYYYY up to make it go away, since (I don't think) its severe?
Do you have any fixes??

Please help, thank you.
Login to remove ads
Old 08-06-15, 06:18 PM   #2
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S
Re: RI Remides!!

Dude(or dudette)....relax.

Lack of humidity in a week won't cause an RI. The bacteria needs to be present already.

First ensure it wasn't just loud exhaling during breathing. Secondly, find a local vet. A culture will be need to be done.
Closed Thread

Tags
respiratory infection