Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Boa Constrictor

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-17, 09:55 PM   #16
bigsnakegirl785

Re: Central American, Hypo Hog, and Albino

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickV View Post
It just a bummer because i still have like 5 jumbo's in the freezer to use up. i don't want my boa to become obese, but i hate wasting money at the same time. I guess i could see if the shop would take them back but i really doubt it.
If you want to use the rest, I would just move that boa to eating one every 2 months, and if you pick up some regular larges give it a large every other feeding. So the feeding would look something like this:

Give it a jumbo: 2 months later offer a regular large. 1 month later, offer another jumbo, and then 2 months later do another large. Rinse and repeat until you've gone through all the jumbos and then it can stay on a large rat once a month from there.
Old 02-03-17, 08:03 PM   #17
PatrickV

Re: Central American, Hypo Hog, and Albino

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnakegirl785 View Post
If you want to use the rest, I would just move that boa to eating one every 2 months, and if you pick up some regular larges give it a large every other feeding. So the feeding would look something like this:

Give it a jumbo: 2 months later offer a regular large. 1 month later, offer another jumbo, and then 2 months later do another large. Rinse and repeat until you've gone through all the jumbos and then it can stay on a large rat once a month from there.
that's a good idea, i think ill do that n then stick to regular larges. this is my first adult female boa so i'm only now figuring out how they eat at this age
1.0 Python Regius, 1.1 Liasis Mackloti, 4.4 Boa Imperator = Normal, Hypo 50% Hog, Ghost Het Moon, Kahl Sunglow Het Moon, Poss Super Hypo Leopard 66% Het Albino, Anery Motley Het Snow, T+ Sunglow, Albino RLT
Closed Thread

Tags
albino, american, boa, central, hypo