border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-16, 08:56 AM   #1
theMailSquirrel

How much sleep does a Baby Lizard need?

I really want to get a baby ackie this summer, but I am waking up at 4:40 AM and getting home at 5PM mon - fri. If I wake the baby ackie up at 4:30 with my lights, I have a timer and I feed it at 5, get home feed it and put it to sleep at 8:30, it gets 8 hours of sleep, is that enough? Would it be healthy to wake it up at that time. I feel like this is stupid but I just want to make sure.
Login to remove ads
Old 12-25-16, 10:26 PM   #2
sattva

Re: How much sleep does a Baby Lizard need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMailSquirrel View Post
I really want to get a baby ackie this summer, but I am waking up at 4:40 AM and getting home at 5PM mon - fri. If I wake the baby ackie up at 4:30 with my lights, I have a timer and I feed it at 5, get home feed it and put it to sleep at 8:30, it gets 8 hours of sleep, is that enough? Would it be healthy to wake it up at that time. I feel like this is stupid but I just want to make sure.
I would think he'd hunts at night and sleep during the day but I'm not a lizard guy... Maybe someone here can give you a better answer...
Leon- 1.0 Lemon Ball, aka Russo Het White Diamond Ball Python... Crystal's boyfriend...
Old 12-25-16, 10:32 PM   #3
sirtalis

Re: How much sleep does a Baby Lizard need?

He'll be fine. Personally I would suggest 24/7 lighting. If he is set up in a proper enclosure ( high temps, high humidity, deep natural substrate for burrows) once he needs to rest he will retreat to his burrow, and once he is rested he can wake up and explore.

Tags
ackie, advice, monitor, sleep