border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-12, 10:20 PM   #1
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

Exclamation The one and ONLY python BAN thread (HR511)

I'm so pissed right now I'm about to explode.

God I'm pissed... I hate it when brainless ******** use their majority votes to rape the minorities... and what I hate more is that we had at least 1 MILLION reptile owners and enthusiasts living in the united states, and 25000 of those ****ers couldnt sign a damn 10 second paper to protect what they love. **** em.

We don't have enough people in the reptile hobby to get careless, when something like this happens, you need to call EVERYONE you know to sign this... Do you think the govt cares if every person who signs that paper owns or even gives a crap? hell no. They only care about majority votes... to them the number of votes represents how much fear goes into their carecup! if we don't give it our all we ALL lose.

What they need to understand is that its a slippery slope.. Once those assholes get the taste for banning ****, its only a matter of time before they start banning bearded dragons, geckos and toilet paper...

If something is worth fighting for, its worth giving it 100% of your effort, winning by 1 vote means you've won THIS time, if you win by a landslide you've not only won this battle, but you can be sure those politicians will skip putting their tails between their legs, its going right up their ***..

What pisses me right off, is that I've gotten about 15 American reptile enthusiasts message me on facebook in the last 10 minutes asking me why I'm pissed. They had no clue there was a ban in effect even though at least 100 people I know were spamming that **** daily telling them to sign...
WHAT THE ****....

I know the font is off, I know my spelling sucks, I know a few words are inappropriate but I hope the forum will bleep those out, I'm too pissed to care right now...

The ONLY good news in that entire article is
"Reptile breeders, dealers, researchers and exhibitors also can continue operating under a separate permit program, as long as they agree to strict storage and transport rules."

Keep in mind that we have not yet lost this yet, we will know soon, but the fact that it came as close as it did means people didnt try... not saying that you guys didnt... but damn... with millions of reptile owners, and their millions of friends... almost failing to get 25000 signatures screams that there was a colossal lack of effort on our parts.

Read more here: U.S. set to approve python ban - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com

Last edited by infernalis; 01-18-12 at 05:41 AM..
Login to remove ads
Old 01-16-12, 10:26 PM   #2
theapexgerman
Banned

Re: At a loss for words...

yea i did my part but some people's i guess don't care if they lose there reptile's
Old 01-16-12, 11:06 PM   #3
red ink
Wandering Cricket

I feel for you guys I trully do, but this bit has to be a good thing right?

Last year, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission effectively banned personal ownership of Burmese pythons and seven other constrictors as pets. Snakes whose owners had obtained $100 annual licenses and implanted them with microchips before July 2010 were grandfathered in. Reptile breeders, dealers, researchers and exhibitors also can continue operating under a separate permit program, as long as they agree to strict storage and transport rules.
Old 01-16-12, 11:38 PM   #4
Strutter769
Boa Boy Roy

This makes me feel sad....and angry......and helpless.... and very, very small.
"The question is do we allow the government to take our property rights away from us based on unfounded manipulations from a special interest group?" ~ Erika N. Chen-Walsh, President, U.S. Help Alliance
Old 01-16-12, 11:50 PM   #5
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by red ink View Post
I feel for you guys I trully do, but this bit has to be a good thing right?

Last year, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission effectively banned personal ownership of Burmese pythons and seven other constrictors as pets. Snakes whose owners had obtained $100 annual licenses and implanted them with microchips before July 2010 were grandfathered in. Reptile breeders, dealers, researchers and exhibitors also can continue operating under a separate permit program, as long as they agree to strict storage and transport rules.
Its a slippery slope, and yes while the breeders can still do what they do, extra headaches are not what they need when you consider the hurdles they already need to leap through.
Old 01-16-12, 11:53 PM   #6
beardeds4life

:'( we need to do something NOW! lets all raid craigslist and forums and lets try to muster every vote possible before we lose our dignity and our snakes who's with me?
Old 01-17-12, 02:55 AM   #7
jaleely
Member of the family

It says " Reptile breeders, dealers, researchers and exhibitors also can continue operating under a separate permit program, as long as they agree to strict storage and transport rules."

And it says they will be banned from being imported, or sold across state lines...not banned all together.

So...looks like they will still be available, and it will keep the wild ones from being caught and imported.
I would think if someone has to pay a license fee, and a microchip (even though this isn't really true for dogs or cats) they *might* be more responsible with keeping their pets. But, it's really all the stupid irresponsible people who've brought it to this anyway.
27 snakes (7 sand boas, 4 hognose, 5 ball pythons, 1 bolivian boa, 2 dumeril's boas, 2 carpet pythons, 5 garters, 1 corn snake), 1 cave spider, 9 tarantulas, 1 tokay gecko, 2 dogs, 2 frogs, emperor scorpions 1,000 dubia roaches, & tons of fish.
Old 01-17-12, 06:47 AM   #8
bigsnakegirl785

Omg if I knew the voting stuff was going on, I would definitely have voted. But we've been having trouble with the internet at our house, and AT&T are definitely not good at customer service. Is it too late to vote? (That's probably a dumb question. lol)
Old 01-17-12, 07:27 AM   #9
CDN_Blood
Custos serpentium

Send a message via Yahoo to CDN_Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaleely View Post
I would think if someone has to pay a license fee, and a microchip (even though this isn't really true for dogs or cats) they *might* be more responsible with keeping their pets. But, it's really all the stupid irresponsible people who've brought it to this anyway.
You hit the nail on the head with that
Old 01-17-12, 09:48 AM   #10
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

Quote:
It says " Reptile breeders, dealers, researchers and exhibitors also can continue operating under a separate permit program, as long as they agree to strict storage and transport rules."

And it says they will be banned from being imported, or sold across state lines...not banned all together.

So...looks like they will still be available, and it will keep the wild ones from being caught and imported.
I would think if someone has to pay a license fee, and a microchip (even though this isn't really true for dogs or cats) they *might* be more responsible with keeping their pets.
10 minutes of anal probing, 2 men in lab coats and 2 in suits and a full box of rubber gloves?
Something like that I spose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnakegirl785 View Post
Omg if I knew the voting stuff was going on, I would definitely have voted. But we've been having trouble with the internet at our house, and AT&T are definitely not good at customer service. Is it too late to vote? (That's probably a dumb question. lol)
There are other things to vote on, if you have facebook I'll send you a few links if not PM me on here and I'll try and send them.
Old 01-17-12, 11:10 AM   #11
marvelfreak
Captain America

Quote:

But say you want a Albino Retic and no one in your state breeds them or wants to go though the hassle to come to our state to sell them. Then you will never be able to get one. You could drive to another states and buy one, but if you get caught or someone turn you in you just became a Felon. Plus say their only two Retic breeders in your state look at paying 2 to 3 times the amount you would now.

What pisses me off are the people who go "Oh i never own any of the big 9 anyway so why should i vote or worry about it." Well it always has to start some where. Next will be medium size snake like BRB, Carpets, Bloods, GTP, and Womas to name a few. Then in a couple years later it be small snakes. Before long they all will be ban.

To all who did their part THANK YOU!
To those who didn't take the time Shame on you for not caring enough about the animal we all love to do your part.
Old 01-17-12, 11:19 AM   #12
BarelyBreathing
Varanus Queen

It rarely matters. When it comes to government, they rarely care about what the people have to say.
Old 01-17-12, 11:23 AM   #13
Snakefood
mamma bear

I would have helped, but I didn't think Canadians would be allowed to sign petitions for state-side
Old 01-17-12, 11:23 AM   #14
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelfreak View Post
But say you want a Albino Retic and no one in your state breeds them or wants to go though the hassle to come to our state to sell them. Then you will never be able to get one. You could drive to another states and buy one, but if you get caught or someone turn you in you just became a Felon. Plus say their only two Retic breeders in your state look at paying 2 to 3 times the amount you would now.

What pisses me off are the people who go "Oh i never own any of the big 9 anyway so why should i vote or worry about it." Well it always has to start some where. Next will be medium size snake like BRB, Carpets, Bloods, GTP, and Womas to name a few. Then in a couple years later it be small snakes. Before long they all will be ban.

To all who did their part THANK YOU!
To those who didn't take the time Shame on you for not caring enough about the animal we all love to do your part.
I was relieved to find out that retics were not on the list of animals banned, currently it stands at A-rocks both norhtern and souther, yellow annies and burms.
That being said, ANY loss is a loss and a step closer to a species wide list of bans.

This is our chance to unite and fight back against any new proposed bans, and there are lots.

If you want any info on this visit USARK.
Old 01-17-12, 11:24 AM   #15
stephanbakir
Retic Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarelyBreathing View Post
It rarely matters. When it comes to government, they rarely care about what the people have to say.
Firstly, doing this will win them votes, a big reason why they did it.
Its not about what the minority has to say but the majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakefood View Post
I would have helped, but I didn't think Canadians would be allowed to sign petitions for state-side
I'm canadian and I voted. I used the address of a friend. They don't check, and they dont care. All they think about is votes.
Closed Thread