border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > New to the forum?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-15, 12:14 AM   #1
Trudeau7

Hello Guys! Great Forum! +Question!!

Hello everyone! My name is Robbie and I live in Arizona! The home of some of the meanest rattle snakes! Anyways I would just like to introduce myself here. I am a sophomore in highschool. I live in a small town outside Phoenix. And I have been obsessed with reptiles my whole life. I have owned countless leopard geckos in the past. Fence lizards, crested gecko, and used to have a 13 pound iguana. At the moment I have a veiled chameleon Cleo and just yesterday got a new addition!

My friend's mother has told him he needed to get rid of his slithery companion, Zeus. So I took him over! He is a very small California King Snake. He is very beautiful and very energetic which I like to see! So i only have a few questions since this is my first snake!

Down below is a picture of him and his house! Now I have been researching and tried to make do with the items I got from my friend. I am able to get more stuff if needed, but I would like your advice first! I read that snakes need a cold and a warm side. So on the right I have a paper bowl hide ( i have used these with almost all of my reptiles ) and a heating light on top. The surface on the warm side stays around 88-92 degrees. On the left or cool side, I have his water dish, a nice marble rock for hiding, and some moss from my chameleon cage. The moss was clean and i figured it gave him a cool and dark spot to hide. I did not see anything that said moss was bad, as long as it did not give off dust. His cool side stays at the low 80s. So if you guys could post your opinions/suggestions for his cage, that would be great!

Now on to the little guy himself. Isnt he gorgeous. I love him. He is very energetic and loves to slither around and poke his head out from his hides. Now my main questions are 1. He seems to be very small. As a snake novice, I would almost consider him a hatchling. Will he grow and how do I make sure he does grow? and 2. I bought the smallest F/T Pinky Mice available at PetCo. They still seemed pretty big relative to his size. I dangle them in front of him and he had no interest in them at all. When should I feed him? Should I try feeding him something else?

Anyways I appreciate you guys helping out and I am looking forward to being on this forum! I have been a member of Chameleon Forums for a bit so I hope I fit right in. PLEASE comment your opinions and suggestions below as I LOVE hearing what you guys have to say and every bit helps! Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snake 1.jpg (24.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Snake 2.jpg (24.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Snake 3.jpg (25.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Snake 4.jpg (22.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Snake 5.jpg (23.0 KB, 11 views)
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread

Tags
king snake, kingsnake