border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-20, 02:19 PM   #1
anza

Scale rot

Hey, Im new to this site and forums in general, so spare me :')
Basically, my couple month old brazilian rainbow boa got mild scale rot and Im wondering how to fix it. Ive taken his old coconut husk substrate out for paper newspaper and removed moss that was in there, so I dont think he'll get it again but I need to figure out how to fix what he's currently got.
Unless Im wrong scale rot is bacterial, so I was thinking of spraying salt water on the scale rot spot or watered down veteritcyn, and instead of spraying maybe a bath?
The scale rot basically looks like a brown orange between his scales, and its on his side where the scales start to get lighter, I did look at the sticky on how to put in photos but I still cant really figure it out. I can email the photo if you'd like
Login to remove ads
Old 05-09-20, 11:02 PM   #2
chairman

Re: Scale rot

You should take your snake to the vet for a diagnosis and treatment options. I wouldn't attempt any medication without seeing a veterinarian first. You can use a chlorhexidine solution to clean the affected area. You should also double check your husbandry, rainbow boss are supposed to need high humidity, so one developing scale rot means that you've got a problem with temperature, air flow, something.

You need to make at least five posts before you can add pictures.
Old 06-16-20, 05:46 AM   #3
Bubonic

Send a message via Skype™ to Bubonic
Re: Scale rot

Does scale rot always look like that brownish-reddish? I ask b/c I have a black rat snake that I'm wondering about...I researched photos and couldn't find a think about black colored snakes, let alone ratters with it.
Closed Thread

Tags
health concern, help and advice, scale rot