border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > Front Page Polls

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your favourite snake family?
Boidae 132 19.33%
Pythonidae 262 38.36%
Colubridae 180 26.35%
Viperidae 44 6.44%
Elapidae 22 3.22%
Tropidophiidae (Dwarf Boas) 11 1.61%
Atractaspididae (Burrowing Asps) 0 0%
Xenopeltidae (Sunbeam Snakes) 8 1.17%
Other 24 3.51%
Voters: 683. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-17, 11:00 PM   #106
ptbmaniac

Re: What's your favourite snake family?

Colubridae! I grew up around garters, gophers,water snakes, and pine snakes and have owned corns and rat snakes also so Colubrids will always be my favorites. However my favorite snake is an Elapidae... The black mamba!
0.1 Leucistic Pastel Ball python, 1.0 Yellow Rat snake, 0.1 Puget Sound Garter , 0.1 Albino Checkered Garter, 0.1 Goffin's Cockatoo,1.0 Sun Conure, 0.1 Sheltie Dog, 0.0.1 Azureus dart frog, 0.1 Red eyed tree frog
Old 05-10-17, 10:54 PM   #107
NRWAR

Smile Re: What's your favourite snake family?

Boas! I like their size and mannerisms. I have a ball python but boas have been my favorite. Hopefully getting one soon!
Old 05-25-17, 05:18 PM   #108
lonewolf1253

Boa's hands down. I've owned a lot of snakes and Boa's have always been my favorite. I can say one thing. Never get an African Rock Python! Just my opinion. I had one and it was untamable. Downright mean!
Old 05-26-17, 12:51 AM   #109
dannybgoode

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf1253 View Post
Boa's hands down. I've owned a lot of snakes and Boa's have always been my favorite. I can say one thing. Never get an African Rock Python! Just my opinion. I had one and it was untamable. Downright mean!
Afroks, anacondas, scrubs and to some extent retics. Snakes you can never completely trust.

And yes afroks in particular can be xxxxing mean!
0.1 B imperator, 1.0 M spilota harrisoni, 1.0 C hortulanus, 2.1 P reticulatus (Madu locality), 1.1 S amethystine, 1.1 L olivaceous, 1.0 C angulifer, 1.0 Z persicus, 0.1 P regius, 0.1 N natrix, 0.1 E climacophora, 1.0 P obsoletus, 0.1 L geluta nigrtia, 1.0 P catenifer sayi, 1.0 T lepidus
Old 08-20-17, 01:20 AM   #110
scales.jp

Pythons. I saw my first Retic when I was about 8 years old and will never forget it. 15 years later I crossed paths with a wild Retic on a jungle track in Thailand. Most impressive snake I've ever herped! I love the dragon-like appearance of full-grown King Cobras, and the beauty of Boomslangs, but I've
been bitten by enough colubrids to know I wouldn't risk handling anything venomous. Boas don't do much for me (except Rainbow Boas). Pythons are my choice; Carpets, Angolans, Timors and Retics are amongst my favourites.
Login to remove ads
Old 08-22-17, 12:23 AM   #111
Doug 351

Hmmmm.....I was looking for in-laws...
Old 09-04-17, 02:37 PM   #112
Pedroo

Boas in general no doubt about it. And Boa Constrictors are my favourite Boas. I prefer Boa Constrictor over anything else basically. Pythons are in second place after Boas.

Last edited by Pedroo; 09-04-17 at 02:45 PM..
Old 09-15-17, 02:51 PM   #113
Alduin12805

Erpeton Tentacalum. the tentacled snake. so fascinating and the only one in it's genus
Old 11-26-17, 09:47 PM   #114
Colombianito

For me it's viperidae. I find rattlesnakes in particular incredibly amazing animals. Everything from form to function. Hinged fangs, heat sensing pits, warning system I.E.: Rattle , incredible array of venom properties and so on.

I freaking love rattlesnakes!
Old 11-30-17, 11:52 AM   #115
lonewolf1253

I've owned many snakes. From a vicious African Rock python to a common hog-nosed snake. Boa constrictors are by far my favorite. They are easy to keep healthy, more than eager feeders, shed with no problems if the husbandry is good, or even close to good and best of all, they are the most chilled out snakes you could want. I take them out and they move slowly and deliberately. I get them out and have no worries at all. Good around my kids and even around my dog. Maybe I've been lucky, but in my opinion, you just can't go wrong with a Boa if you treat them right. I've raised mine since they were babies and that's what they are now. My babies.
Login to remove ads
Old 11-30-17, 12:56 PM   #116
Captain837

Aspedities with morella as a close second.
Old 11-30-17, 02:27 PM   #117
Magdalen

Ok so when I first replied back in March I didn't have much experience outside sand boas. But now that I've had my Cape House Snake a good almost 9 months, I'm leaning towards Colubridae. I have to say he is my favorite snake. Curious, shows an active interest in me, great eater. Seems smarter than my sand boa. Don't get me wrong I like sand boas but the one I have now (love him) he's not the brightest haha. Not in a bad way. It's rather amusing actually.
I like the house snake also he looks like a python without being girthy like a python. He's active and has a lot of personality. The boa is good for any days when I just wanna chill while holding a snake. Don't have to worry so much about him taking off to explore. Just have to make sure the goober doesn't roll off my hand -_-
Old 12-03-17, 04:05 PM   #118
Shauna0522

Send a message via MSN to Shauna0522 Send a message via Yahoo to Shauna0522

Boas are my favourite, they are so sweet and I love their personality, I also think they have the cutest face they always look like they are smiling.
Old 12-19-17, 12:41 PM   #119
DJC Reptiles

Will there be another poll?
“The Only Difference Between Fear and Respect is Knowledge”(Daniel Jensen).
Old 01-02-18, 11:12 PM   #120
Loveley209

My favorite snake is a Ball Python. Im not sure what to call him/her because I have not determined if its a boy or a girl. Hopefully its a boy because I find myself calling it a he. His name is "Baby" He's about 2 years old abd hus colors are Browns. He is very beautuful to me I talk to him and watch him a lot. I do pick him up but not very often. As I read some post say not to. Hopefully since this is my first post I can soon post pictures and videos of him.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread