border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Food For Thought Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-13, 02:17 PM   #16
BrownSugar92

Re: Assistance with switching to F/T?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lankyrob View Post
I defrost mine overnight, i am 99% certain that the scent gets to my snakes and sets them into feed mode so that they are more than ready when the time comes, not sure if this 12hrs of scent being wafted around helps with the feed response
That makes a lot of sense, I haven't tried the over night thing. Do you think I should do it close to her cage? Or would that even matter much
Old 03-23-13, 02:34 PM   #17
Freebody
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownSugar92 View Post
I'm not saying it's different at all, I'm saying its hard for me to do fresh killed. I couldn't bring myself to pop it's spine and as for right now my sister is the only one who can kill the rat by whacking it one good time against the wall. That's why I wanted to do F/T. That and it's easier to store of course
yup that's what I mean, just keep trying FT, I cant see it being any different vrs fresh killed, so you can save yourself the trouble
Old 03-23-13, 04:50 PM   #18
RyanReptile

Quote:
I defrost mine overnight, i am 99% certain that the scent gets to my snakes and sets them into feed mode so that they are more than ready when the time comes, not sure if this 12hrs of scent being wafted around helps with the feed response
This is a very interesting thought I think I am going to give this a try and see if I see a difference in feeding responses.
Old 03-23-13, 06:21 PM   #19
Lankyrob
Non Carborundum Illegitimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownSugar92 View Post
That makes a lot of sense, I haven't tried the over night thing. Do you think I should do it close to her cage? Or would that even matter much
I defroston the opposite side of the house, by the time i have put the ratsin the cupboard Nd walked back to the living room where the snakes are my retic and carpet are at the glass waiting to eat, by the following morning all the snakes are in their normal feeding positions in Their vivs.
Old 03-23-13, 06:46 PM   #20
Freebody
Veteran Member

Quote:
I defroston the opposite side of the house, by the time i have put the ratsin the cupboard Nd walked back to the living room where the snakes are my retic and carpet are at the glass waiting to eat, by the following morning all the snakes are in their normal feeding positions in Their vivs.
mine are the same way,I toss the rats in the water downstairs and let them thaw out, and as soon as I walk into the snake room all my snakes in there cages are moving around like a dog waiting for his treats, and that only in a couple hours, all night im afraid they might break out to get lunch lol
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread

Tags
ball python, f/t, feeding, live, rats