Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-09, 06:04 PM   #16
Will0W783
The Original Urban Legend

Send a message via AIM to Will0W783
Re: My new Spider BP!!!

Oops- brain fart! By oxymoron, you mean they aren't that large. Yes, they aren't that large compared to coastal carpets or the giant pythons, but we are pretty much full of snakes right now. Possibly in a year or two, but for now I can't.
Old 09-16-09, 06:53 PM   #17
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

I'm comparing them to other medium snakes. Bloods, Borneos, BCI's etc.
Old 09-16-09, 07:46 PM   #18
Will0W783
The Original Urban Legend

Send a message via AIM to Will0W783

BCIs get much bigger than BP, and borneos are fatter and bloods do get bigger too. I can see where you're coming from. Really it's a matter of not seeing the need to prove her out right now. I'd just sell the babies as spider or normal, if I even breed them within the next year or so. I have space for some more snakes, but I really can't justify getting another normal-looking BP this season just to possibly prove her out, when she could just as well turn out to not carry the gene, since it's only 50% possible. and then I'd just have normal babies, and the market around me is so flooded with normal BP babies, I don't really want to do that right now. I only got this male spider because he was a good deal and I really like his pattern, and I just remodeled to have more space and cages. I figure I can breed him next season to her, or I might wait another full year. He is 441g, and I don't want to breed him too soon. He needs to gain more weight, I'd like at least another 200g on him before I breed him and I won't power-feed any of my snakes. He is producing sperm plugs, but if he goes off feed due to cycling for breeding I don't want him to be too small. Their health and happiness comes first. So who knows, maybe by the time he would be ready to breed anyway, I'll have been able to prove her out or prove her not het.
Old 09-17-09, 02:49 PM   #19
teague

Willow that is so awesome! I named my BP Achilles until I found out it was a girl, now its Athena. So good choice!
Closed Thread

Tags
male, morph, names, new snake, spider