Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-15, 12:53 PM   #31
Will0W783
The Original Urban Legend

Send a message via AIM to Will0W783
Re: Public perception of snake?

Wow...as others have said, that was completely unprofessional. I would have demanded to speak with a manager, and called Fedex's customer service number.

I've had only one (rather humorous) experience with a snake delivery. I had my false water cobra delivered several years ago, and my fiance went out to meet the Fedex driver. The driver could see that the package said "Live Harmless Reptile" on it, so he asked my fiance what was in there. Fiance replied, "A COBRA!"
The Fedex guy turned ghost white, dropped the box hastily into my fiance's hands, and was shaking while he signed the paperwork, then bolted back to his truck and drove away quickly. LOL!
Old 05-08-15, 06:20 PM   #32
sSAIRSCHUTTSs

I actually get a kick out of people that are so closed minded.
Makes me laugh at them, for being so..... unadventurous
Its wrong that they were being rude about it, so if it ever happens again next time chuckle and say something like "Ouuu now don't tell me a grown man is afraid of a little snake?" And smile sweetly. (If your a woman) He will probably turn beet red and never give you a hard time again.
If your a man, maybe say your picking up your wifes snake, or something. hahah
Old 05-12-15, 07:15 PM   #33
DDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfool View Post
My fav responce is I'm not comeing.over anymore or intill you get rid.of the snake....I'm all like good mabye i.should get more
this made me laugh probably more than it should have XD

Anyway, I would also contact higher ups just for them being so unprofessional, that was just wrong, just a bunch of overgrown bullies waiting to be put in their place IMO
Old 05-12-15, 07:33 PM   #34
sophiedufort

Most people who find out that I have seven snakes are horrified. 'Snakes are slimy, evil creatures, and their tongue is poisonous.' When I here such comments, I am in shock. But when I look back at the time I was still living in Australia, and my hubby was here in Florida, I used to react just as bad at the mention of snakes. I actually made him promise that he will never bring a snake anywhere near me. The day after we settled in a new house (that was less than two weeks after my arrival), he brought a big tub and put it in the walk-in-robe. My intuition told me that there was a snake in it, and I almost started the biggest hysterics of my life. And there he was, the little Florida water snake, Zane. He was cute and looked ill. Never bit. Not once. He just kept seeking the warmth of our hands and bodies. That seemed to make him so happy. Zane and I developed a great bond. I don't even know when it happened. He opened to way to more snakes. Then more.
He was already sick when my husband found him. We made sure that he'd have all the conditions to recover. He never did. Passed away days after swallowing a frog. I cried until I ran out of tears. RIP, Zane. I will never forget you. You taught me that snakes are wonderful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140125_220752.jpg (23.5 KB, 14 views)
0.1 Bp (Zoey);0.2 BR boa (Casey, Ally);0.1 Dumeril's (Missy);1.0 Albino bp (Mojo);1.0 Banana bp (Bozo);1.0 het ghost CRT (Dante);0.1 Woma python (Lilou);0.1 Desert bp (Skye);1.0 Pewter bp (Spencer);0.1 Champagne bp (Dumdum);0.1 woma bp (Gracie);0.1 pastel woma bp (Pixie);1.0 Super Pastel bp (Chester);0.1 blood python (Athena);1.1 CA boa (Pepper,Bobbi)
Closed Thread

Tags
boa, canada, corn snake, python, snake